Looking to start an interior design business in SL but how to charge?

LucianOuija

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone

i'm in the process of possibly opening up an interior design business in SL

I am looking for a way to charge people where they technically would get a receipt or notice that they paid me instead of paying my avi (i hope that makes sense)

what would be the best way of doing this? I was thinking of making a menu graphic and then putting invisible prims over the service item they can click to pay.. does that give out proof they paid? or would it be better to go with like casper vend of something like that.. and then they would just get the notecard of the terms of service even though i send those a head of time?

for some reason i just can't wrap my head around this haha any help would be appreciated! 

Every transfer of linden dollars comes with a receipt/record that is kept for three months after the purchase (it might only be one month if you're not premium) viewable by both the giver and receiver. you can view your transaction history on the Secondlife website after logging in :

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history

1 hour ago, LucianOuija said:

I am looking for a way to charge people where they technically would get a receipt or notice that they paid me instead of paying my avi (i hope that makes sense)

There is no reason to do this and in some cases it would be UNWISE to reveal your real name. Customers will pay your avatar. Your avatar will get the money earned and either spend inworld or convert to US dollars (to pay tier of premium membership OR transfer out to Paypal; fees will be taken out).  No one needs to know you are "Jenny Blanchard and live in Oklahoma" :D.  Really no one cares.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

There is no reason to do this and in some cases it would be UNWISE to reveal your real name. Customers will pay your avatar. Your avatar will get the money earned and either spend inworld or convert to US dollars (to pay tier of premium membership OR transfer out to Paypal; fees will be taken out).  No one needs to know you are "Jenny Blanchard and live in Oklahoma" :D.  Really no one cares.  

oh it has nothing to do with my real name for the receipt i just want the proof of them paying or getting a refund that type idea 

7 hours ago, LucianOuija said:

oh it has nothing to do with my real name for the receipt i just want the proof of them paying or getting a refund that type idea 

you , and the user can see that in the L$ history on the accountpage. Just save the data in time, it will only be available for 30 ( basic) or 90 ( premium)  days.
You also could route your sales to MP, there the orders will be in the account. ( for example Skye Studios uses that)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 9:48 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

you , and the user can see that in the L$ history on the accountpage. Just save the data in time, it will only be available for 30 ( basic) or 90 ( premium)  days.
You also could route your sales to MP, there the orders will be in the account. ( for example Skye Studios uses that)

I was thinking using Marketplace ive heard from people you can get in trouble from LL cause it's a service? i gotta look into that more im not 100% sure myself! but thank you!

On 12/31/2021 at 10:48 PM, bobsknief Orsini said:

You could give them a no-mod notecard. That's kind of proof as they cant edit the notecard.

yeah I think that's another option im going to do as well! thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.