Run or walk?

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I am looking for levitate pose when moving, any sugestion where I can get the AO ?

Try going to Oracul, they have a bunch of stands where you can see each individual pose from their AOs and buy them for like L$10-20 each. So if you're looking for hover/fly poses, you can just use the stand's arrows to preview those specifically.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I am looking for levitate pose when moving, any sugestion where I can get the AO ?

If you mean you want an AO that makes your avatar levitate instead of walking/running then you just need to buy an appropriate hover animation, add it to the AO you're using and edit the notecard/settings to replace your current movement animation(s) with the custom hover animation.  As @LilNosferatu mentioned above, Oracul is a great place to find decent individual animations at a reasonable price.

17 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The Avatar walk speed in SL is too fast for an actual walk, the best I ever found was AO set that had the avatar doing a gentle jog at normal walking speeds.

What we really need are setting where a parcel owner can set the walk speed, run speed and jump height for that specific parcel.

You know you give me a bit of a crazy idea that I have to admit I've thought about many times?
I was thinking about those AOs that make the avatar move even if it is actually stationary. You know like those nice animations of Oracul that make the avatar seem to walk around its position a bit looking suspiciously around at the environment as if he checks that there are no enemies around?
Well when the animation does those movements it doesn't give a damn if there are objects around the avatar and it just passes through them.
Well we know why it happens.
But wouldn't it be possible to make the root of the bones understand that there are objects and that the animation should somehow calculate it and prevent from not caring and behaving more logically? Omg i don't know well what i'm saying but maybe you understand me.

3 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

But wouldn't it be possible to make the root of the bones understand that there are objects and that the animation should somehow calculate it and prevent from not caring and behaving more logically? Omg i don't know well what i'm saying but maybe you understand me.

We don't have that kind of dynamic animation system.

SL animations are the most rudimentary system possible.

Applying a dynamic situational movement system could be done, but it would have to be as a second system on top of the one we have now. There will always be a need to use animations to force the avatar into and though objects

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2021 at 4:16 AM, Ayeleeon said:

I find most run animations look goofy. Besides if I am.in a hurry I just click the map and TP there instantly.

I'm glad most AOs are mod bcause I've not found one yet that has a decent looking run animation *in* it.

My normal AO is one of the Vista ones, kinda a punk feel to it complete with angry gestures (animations, not the spammy kind) but when I run she pulls her arms up next to her sides like she's holding her boobs down and just looks silly.

Of course that might be because I'm in a Maitreya Petite avatar, it could look decent if she wasn't trying to hold down about a foot worth of air when she runs.

Most of the time I *fly* when I want to move faster, I have animated parts on my cyborg that animate when I fly and override the "I am Kara Zor El!" flight poses from the AO, so it actually looks good. Jumping also is set with a double jump function, that includes a little rocket boost for that second movement, and can change direction mid-air so I can jump and them boost sideways to get up on top of things... Assuming the maker deigned to actually set physics on the entire building and I don't fall through an intangible roof XD

I also have a TWI avatar for the fantasy (kitsune) version, who can shapeshift into a fox, and it is set with a movement speed boost so I can change forms to travel and then shift back to human (or close to it, depending on if I'm showing the tails) form when I get where I'm going.

• Like 2

The only run I've ever seen that I actually like was a freebie (Poser5run or something like that). But honestly the only time I ever used running was when I used to play Linden Realms, and I haven't played that in years.

I prefer to fly, or double-click-teleport.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.