Marketplace - DEMO > ??????

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's not exactly the best shopping experience ..

I mean, I can long press the browsers back button and go back a few pages to skip over the checkout and freebie screen too .. again .. not ideal.

A link, right there, on that page would be perfect .. it's not like the page is doing anything else.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Why not just click the "View your order history" link and then use the links there to reopen the pages for recently purchased demos?

This is what I usually do.

I do agree it would be more convenient for the "thank you" page to at least display the receipt list of what you just bought, but the link to order history is there so idk, it doesn't seem like that much of a hassle to me personally.

image.png.2cd027a3054f3aa0afb70110481d9f0f.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LilNosferatu said:

This is what I usually do.

I do agree it would be more convenient for the "thank you" page to at least display the receipt list of what you just bought, but the link to order history is there so idk, it doesn't seem like that much of a hassle to me personally.

I know, but it's the little things that matter.

• Like 1

I could swear there was some discussion a while back about adding a feature that would allow users to group marketplace items together as "variants" of the same product.  Perhaps it evolved into the related products section at the bottom of the page, or maybe I just imagined it entirely?

I've never really given much thought to the user experience in regards to the "thank you" page (usually by that point in the process I'm too busy unpacking demos and refilling my shopping basket), but on reflection having a list of links for the items you just purchased would be a nice addition, especially if it were combined with the feature mentioned above, so you had a list of the items you just purchased, a pull down menu for each item where you could select the desired item variant, and a button or link which would open the selected item in a new tab.

• Like 2

So, here's what i do when browsing on MP. If i see a full version of something and see it has a demo button, i click the demo button with the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) so it opens in a new tab. I try the demo and if i like it, i'd probably buy it. So i just go to that tab that still has it open.

Everyone knows that if you're on the internet, you have to have at least 217 tabs open at all times. If you're a multi-monitor user, this is the minimum per monitor. I'm pretty sure its in the Internet Rules somewhere ;) 

PS: You can do this the other way around as well. Having the page of a demo of something. Click the button for the full version with the scroll wheel so it opens in a new tab, go back to the demo tab and try that. You'll still have the tab open for the full version if you want to get it after trying the demo.

PS2: I don't use the cart/basket thing. I open tabs like they are going out of fashion.

Edited by CaithLynnSayes
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I open tabs like they are going out of fashion.

Same! I'll browse the marketplace and just open everything I like in a new tab and once there are so many browser tabs that it starts to get tricky clicking the right one I go through them all and fill my basket with demos, closing the tabs as I go.  After I've refilled the basket and been through the checkout page a few times I'll spend a half hour or so trying everything on and when I've decided what I want I head to the order history page, reopen the pages for the items I want and buy them.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2021 at 11:45 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

I just bought a demo, I really like it .. now how about a list of links to the products I just bought so I can go back and find the full thing.

What surprises me is how few creators put a link directly to their full versions somewhere in the demo package. I've seen links to their flickr, Facebook or stores but very rarely to the actual full product, leaving a customer to have to search through their store for it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.