More free heads (not Lelutka) and 150 L heads

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think the LOGO male head in particular look good, more masculine. https://fabfree.wordpress.com/the-fabfree-mesh-body-and-head-listing/

More information, and more heads in the link over. I posted the ones I like best.

Edited to add: It appears that the skins aren't included. https://www.flickr.com/photos/getlogoed/51772777988/in/dateposted/

It is still a sweat deal. And the heads can be used with your other skins, it may be a good fit anyways. A pick for those with a small budget, who does not want to be a Lelutka guy or girl.

a23b2dae6e9e1ba6fa466954a9d147da.jpg

The Akeruka heads also look great, but the group is 150 L to join. I am quite sure one or two of my alts joined when it was free, it has been free in periods.

00cf75c63cc50d720cb064fe1e4e1978.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fiore has a gift head out (at the landing) and skin fatpack (inside the store) from Dec. 23rd - 31st. Have to join the free Vive 9 group. One nice thing is the skin has the body skins included.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sanyabilavio/51772127560/in/pool-14673006@N22/

I edited the shape a bit. One interesting thing about this head is that it uses a unique UV. System skins and makeup not made for this line won't fit.

36AlXan.png

Edited by Ze Helix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ze Helix said:

One interesting thing about this head is that it uses a unique UV. System skins and makeup not made for this line won't fit.

This is a really unfortunate new trend. I'm all for better and more detailed skins, but the lack of standardization across makers is just another unneeded complication to an already Byzantine and chaotic avatar customization "system" (if the word "system" isn't too generous a term to apply).

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a really unfortunate new trend. I'm all for better and more detailed skins, but the lack of standardization across makers is just another unneeded complication to an already Byzantine and chaotic avatar customization "system" (if the word "system" isn't too generous a term to apply).

I agree, you have to be a major player like Lelutka to pull it off. And even Lelutka have a "classic" mode so the head can use SL UV. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

I agree, you have to be a major player like Lelutka to pull it off. And even Lelutka have a "classic" mode so the head can use SL UV. 

Well, I'm wondering who is actually making skins for Fiore. I haven't seen a lot around -- so it would seem that they are sort of slitting their own throat.

Unless they are making the skins themselves, or franchising it off, at some sort of profit, to someone else, in the hopes of making money from both heads and proprietary skins. Not sure that's going to work, though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ze Helix said:

One interesting thing about this head is that it uses a unique UV. System skins and makeup not made for this line won't fit.

/me takes note and deletes the head from inventory, before even wasting time playing with it.  I am not discarding all of my skins for the sake of one head.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I don't know the creator of Fiore personally or anything. I haven't even followed the brand that closely all this time but the impression I get is that they sort of create for themselves. The target audience for this head is narrow. You probably won't find skins for it other than what they release. But I don't think it's a scheme to make more money or be exclusive. They probably just made their head using the process they wanted (ignoring the SL avatar's UV) and decided to release it anyways not caring how popular or not it could become. I don't think they were copying Evo X I think it's more a holdover from their 2015 heads that used appliers and if I remember right had a unique UV too.

I probably wouldn't pay 3k for such a head, but I'm glad the option is there for anyone who happens to love it. I think its a very nice gift for an alt or someone like me who enjoys getting as many heads as I can get my hands on. Some other heads I've paid money for are supposedly SLUV but look pretty bad with the majority of skins. Lips, eyesockets or nostrils stretched out. But I got it because at least one skin looked just the way it should, working for the look I wanted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, Marianne Little said:

I think the LOGO male head in particular look good, more masculine. https://fabfree.wordpress.com/the-fabfree-mesh-body-and-head-listing/

More information, and more heads in the link over. I posted the ones I like best.

Edited to add: It appears that the skins aren't included. https://www.flickr.com/photos/getlogoed/51772777988/in/dateposted/

It is still a sweat deal. And the heads can be used with your other skins, it may be a good fit anyways. A pick for those with a small budget, who does not want to be a Lelutka guy or girl.

a23b2dae6e9e1ba6fa466954a9d147da.jpg

The Akeruka heads also look great, but the group is 150 L to join. I am quite sure one or two of my alts joined when it was free, it has been free in periods.

00cf75c63cc50d720cb064fe1e4e1978.jpg

I had a Akeruka head a while ago and I deleted it because it was awful..

On 12/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, Tarina Sewell said:

I had a Akeruka head a while ago and I deleted it because it was awful..

Same here, although I kept (and still exclusively wear) the BOM eyebrows that came with it. They are lovely. 

ETA: just picked up this head with an alt and the BOM brows are still included, still the same ones. It was worth the L$150 for those alone.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

I went ahead and picked up the Akeruka gift head, and I'm having exactly the problem I imagined I would. Lipstick.

None of my skins fit on the SLUV variant, but the one Lelutka Evo skin I have works perfectly. I also don't seem to have a problem with eyeshadows. HOWEVER, none of the lipsticks I have for other heads fits the lips at all. I look like I am having an allergic reaction. And there don't seem to be many high-quality Lelutka Evolution v1 lipsticks in BOM. Everything is an HD applier - but the head is not coded for Lelutka HD appliers, just the UV map. 

Until they get permission to use those HD appliers on the head, and not just the UV map, I don't see how it's useable. Even the lipstick in the HUD looks grotesque. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I went ahead and picked up the Akeruka gift head, and I'm having exactly the problem I imagined I would. Lipstick.

None of my skins fit on the SLUV variant, but the one Lelutka Evo skin I have works perfectly. I also don't seem to have a problem with eyeshadows. HOWEVER, none of the lipsticks I have for other heads fits the lips at all. I look like I am having an allergic reaction. And there don't seem to be many high-quality Lelutka Evolution v1 lipsticks in BOM. Everything is an HD applier - but the head is not coded for Lelutka HD appliers, just the UV map. 

Until they get permission to use those HD appliers on the head, and not just the UV map, I don't see how it's useable. Even the lipstick in the HUD looks grotesque. 

I agree. If they could use the Evo HD appliers, that would be huge! I'm trying to think...I'm sure I have some Lel Evo classic BOM lipsticks but I'm still pre-coffee so my brain isn't working properly. Lemme hop in-world real quick to check...

Okay, fair warning - I've not tested any of these on the new AK gift head yet, so demo thoroughly. Have a look at alaskametro (look for the section "Omega appliers w/3 fits" - most of those include BOM layers in 3 sizes - in the applier hud demo, check for a button at the bottom to deliver the bom demos), Zibska, Izzie's, Dotty's Secret, Nuve (if you're in the group, which isn't free at the moment, the group gifts have bom layers - I believe the paid products are HD appliers only), Booty's Beauty (has a teensy tiny AK section and BOM layers in the larger Omega section - maybe worth a demo), Trend (free group join with frequent store credit gifts & has some lipsticks that include BOM layers), MJN Cosmetics (Lel Evo-specific BOM), and Cazimi (there are some BOM layers included in their makeups in the back room to the left - might be worth a demo). I apologize in advance if any of those SLurls are wrong. Doing my uncaffeinated best, lol.

Also, if your lips just aren't fitting any of those demos, maybe try a BOM concealer. I find myself using one a LOT for my Catwa HDPro. Izzie's sells one, and Cazimi's got a freebie in the Gifts section.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Okay, fair warning - I've not tested any of these on the new AK gift head yet, so demo thoroughly. Have a look at alaskametro (look for the section "Omega appliers w/3 fits" - most of those include BOM layers in 3 sizes - in the applier hud demo, check for a button at the bottom to deliver the bom demos), Zibska, Izzie's, Dotty's Secret, Nuve (if you're in the group, which isn't free at the moment, the group gifts have bom layers - I believe the paid products are HD appliers only), Booty's Beauty (has a teensy tiny AK section and BOM layers in the larger Omega section - maybe worth a demo), Trend (free group join with frequent store credit gifts & has some lipsticks that include BOM layers), MJN Cosmetics (Lel Evo-specific BOM), and Cazimi (there are some BOM layers included in their makeups in the back room to the left - might be worth a demo). I apologize in advance if any of those SLurls are wrong. Doing my uncaffeinated best, lol.

So, I did pop around. None of the Alaskametro BOM lipsticks fit, even the ones for the Lelutka Origins lips. The only Lelutka Evolution v1 lipsticks are HD in the HUD. Izzie's has the only two specifically Lelutka Evo BOM  lipsticks that fit, both are kind of matte and limited color selection - but I did buy them. Cazimi has Lelutka Evo X BOM, but no Lelutka EVO BOM. Again, just the HUD. [Edited to add] I picked up the NUVE gift and the one BOM lipstick but haven't tried them. I am hopeful!

Anything that isn't specifically fit for Lelutka Evo v1 gives a profoundly distorted baboon's butthole look on this particular head. 

7 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I feel like Sofie is a very old Gacha prize head Genesis did before the Genesis/Genus split with a new name, and possibly re-rigged for bento. I could have sworn I had something like it. 

[Edited to Add] I actually have this head in my inventory already. It was already bento and omega, as well. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

So, I did pop around. None of the Alaskametro BOM lipsticks fit, even the ones for the Lelutka Origins lips. The only Lelutka Evolution v1 lipsticks are HD in the HUD. Izzie's has the only two specifically Lelutka Evo BOM  lipsticks that fit, both are kind of matte and limited color selection - but I did buy them. Cazimi has Lelutka Evo X BOM, but no Lelutka EVO BOM. Again, just the HUD. 

Oh no, that's a shame! For Cazimi, if you look in the back room on the left from the entrance, there should be a bunch of random makeups (nails, eyes, lips) that are probably older, but they do have a Lel Evo logo and a BOM version included - but it might be a universal generic BOM since they also designed those for Genus and Catwa. But hmm, what I can do is try out the head myself with some of the makeup in my inventory, and if I find anything that fits decently, I'll let you know!

8 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Anything that isn't specifically fit for Lelutka Evo v1 gives a profoundly distorted baboon's butthole look on this particular head. 

Omg LOL. I know exactly what you're talking about. I've tried some lipsticks that did that to me on HDPro!  😂

I'll let you know if I find anything that works on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay @Blaise Glendevon! I *might* have figured out a solution for you...maybe! So, after playing around with the shape a bit and realizing I have so few classic Evo skins (oops), I noticed the lip corners are working overtime on this head. It's making the few skins I do have AND my lipsticks look absolutely horrid on it. So after some tinkering around with demos, I believe I managed to solve this.

Take a peek at this magic right herrrreeee. Here's the before and after with no lipstick on to show you how it's working. (Note, I took these shots with CALWL, because I forgot to change it to a better windlight. Zero editing, though).

1813104458_NoConcealervsConcealer-Resized.thumb.png.9158a2937736a7127981f20cfa564c23.png

So now, wearing that as the bottom layer to minimize those dark lines, I demo'd some lipsticks from a few different stores. I eliminated most of my earlier suggestions for one main reason - some older lipstick looks so low res on this head, it's just not worth it.

So below, here is what I managed to find that DOES work.

Izzie's! By far the best fit and prettiest look that I tried, and you can maybe find more of a selection on the marketplace, if you didn't find much in store. Look for anything that says Lelutka and has BOM, even if it's using the older Lelutka origins logo. Demo them all - they look much nicer with the concealer.

Below, wearing the concealer and Izzie's Holo Metallic in Bronze and Metallic in Plum - found here and here

1266672338_IzziesHoloMetallics-Resized.thumb.png.3604e19994fa3b897cee1a8315bc3ccb.png

And two more to test out - Booty's Beauty and Cazimi, shown below (Booty's - Hielo, found in the Omega/BOM section and Cazimi - Rendezvous, mixed in with the older nails and stuffs:

336058823_HieloandRendezvous-Resized.thumb.png.7173f542d660e23248802ffe3d1ac40f.png

I'd grab every demo in those stores that you can find and see if you get better results with the lip corners toned down a bit. Oh and yes! Nuve's gifts will look fine with this fix, as well. I did try the Bubblegum and...Ana? I forget the name now, but you should have it if you've collected everything from the VIP room. Hope this helps a little!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.