Anyone have any idea what "Premium Plus" is?

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

56 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I agree, however depending on what this new feature turns out to be, it might open the door for more dynamic movement of other body parts. 

Here's to hoping they don't do the easy kludgy option of "the cam AI says your grinning - PLAY HARSH GRIN ANIMATION"

Unless there is an intuitive setup interface or an advanced AI, exagerated expressions might be necessary.

Unlike many platforms that have a limited amount of character heads, we're swimming in a sea ocean of mesh heads. I have probably over 1000 different mesh heads recorded in my stats.

A user might have to set up each head they own and save the compatibility params to a special inventory asset that gets worn with the head to match the expression the user is making correctly. These assets can't be offered from the creator. Everyone's facial structure and skin tone is different, both of which affect scans.

Then there is the issue of compatbily loss with new versions of the AI and everyone will have to do it over again per head, unless LL wants to maintain versions on the backend and pointers in the asset metadata.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

I'll just paste a small piece of Benefits code that is sitting in all viewers for a relatively long amount of time, disabled, and which was - at the moment of implementation, it can change when the feature will become public - defining Premium Plus differences; Between the Premium (regular and Plus) or basic accounts. No more, no less.

https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/src/0a873cd95547f003878c6d00d0883ff792f4a865/indra/newview/llagentbenefits.cpp#lines-29

LLAgentBenefits::LLAgentBenefits():
    m_initalized(false),

m_animated_object_limit(-1),
    m_animation_upload_cost(-1),
    m_attachment_limit(-1),
    m_group_membership_limit(-1),
    m_picks_limit(-1),
    m_sound_upload_cost(-1),
    m_texture_upload_cost(-1)
{
}

Attached Animesh objects limit, costs of asset uploading, group creation cost; Picks, group slots and overall attachments limits. All of these options can be changed or removed, new benefits can be added as well - including ones that are not directly "seen" by a viewer inworld. Personally, I would pay close attention to all kind of meetings with the Lab: web user group, third party viewers developers or simulator/server ones.

Premium Plus: the hope is that Premium Plus will be revisited and launched in 2022. Any questions on what it might look like, fees, etc., will not be answerable until the option is available for deployment.

Facial/webcam recognition system... I personally can't shake off the memory of the cancelled Leap Motion implementation that was done years ago, but I'm positive; We'll see what the Lab will cook and how they will integrate that with the existing animation system.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Mm, I can't see how these animations based on facecam would be interesting enough to pay more. But that is me. Maybe I don't understand it before I see it demonstrated. But I can see how this is something that the geeks in LL would invest all time in and think that's going to be the hot new thing. Instead of fixing something broken or making a new useful feature.

More group slots would be an incentive to make more groups pay to join. It is already way too many. I consider group gifts as a purchase now if it is pay to join. I do not know if it is good for lag to have 42-100 groups. I have no idea.

I never use all attachment points, I don't use more than one or two picks, I made two groups in 14 years... no need to pay SP for any of that.

Upload costs, yes for creators that would be big. I am not sure how many of us need that. That and more groups for creators, they need to join so many groups related to business.

I still say that land and how much I can rez on the land is the major reason to pay Super Premium for me.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not know if it is good for lag to have 42-100 groups. I have no idea.

My understanding is that the current way Groups are set up, the more groups we have the worse on the system it is and potentially more laggy for us - something with the things the system has to do every time we enter a new region.  

More tier would likely be the biggest enticement for me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

I'll just paste a small piece of Benefits code that is sitting in all viewers for a relatively long amount of time, disabled, and which was - at the moment of implementation, it can change when the feature will become public - defining Premium Plus differences; Between the Premium (regular and Plus) or basic accounts. No more, no less.

https://bitbucket.org/lindenlab/viewer/src/0a873cd95547f003878c6d00d0883ff792f4a865/indra/newview/llagentbenefits.cpp#lines-29

Attached Animesh objects limit, costs of asset uploading, group creation cost; Picks, group slots and overall attachments limits. All of these options can be changed or removed, new benefits can be added as well - including ones that are not directly "seen" by a viewer inworld. Personally, I would pay close attention to all kind of meetings with the Lab: web user group, third party viewers developers or simulator/server ones.

Facial/webcam recognition system... I personally can't shake off the memory of the cancelled Leap Motion implementation that was done years ago, but I'm positive; We'll see what the Lab will cook and how they will integrate that with the existing animation system.

wow Pantera, thank you for this detailed information. I found it very interesting and appreciate you posting it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

I personally can't shake off the memory of the cancelled Leap Motion implementation that was done years ago, but I'm positive; We'll see what the Lab will cook and how they will integrate that with the existing animation system.

I bought one of those off <auction site> back when that was a thing. They are still going thanks to VR and .. yeah. It's good enough to get your interest and bad enough to immediately go in the "random USB junk" tub.

Edited by Coffee Pancake

I think we should get a personal pony waiting in the infohubs. Like when you arrive it canters over to you and it has a saddle with your name woven into it.

Also the ability to put all our inventory online, the ability to save notecards offline, and the ability to re-texture mainland parcels. 

However...

I'll tell you what Premium Plus is. Premium Plus is like when our dad used to tell us that when we moved to our new house, we could get a puppy. This was kind of a bribe since we didn't want to move and leave our friends and schools.

But then it dragged on for a year. Somehow that new job wasn't ready. Then when it was ready, the new house wasn't ready. And we had to commute then and live in a Howard Johnson's during the week. And months and months went by.

Finally we got to that new house. But the basement wasn't finished, so we couldn't get the dog. More months!

FINALLY we got the puppy! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.