My Inventory items do not show the Wear or Add options highlighted to use

Evelyn Rieko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Evelyn Rieko said:

I can't wear anything in my inventory since logging in today. All my clothes and items are not showing the Wear or Add or attach options highlighted to use. The highlighted option says restore to last position. Has anyone else had this problem?

Not with everything but some things. Hitting restore makes it so you can wear it.

2 hours ago, Evelyn Rieko said:

I can't wear anything in my inventory since logging in today. All my clothes and items are not showing the Wear or Add or attach options highlighted to use. The highlighted option says restore to last position. Has anyone else had this problem?

Did you relog yet?

Thanks so much for all of your replies. Those are all great suggestions; I had not thought of. Thank you so much. I relogged, I clicked restore...and then I suddenly realized my problem started when I put on a gown and added the attachments to it, and I was still wearing them. There was something wrong, the gown would only let me attach some items but not all. I contacted the designer and she sent me a corrected box. But I could not wear anything from my inventory.  Finally, I tried double clicking on items in my inventory to wear them and a message came up saying something like attachment failed, you are wearing over 38 attachments. Then I realized the problem was I was still wearing the gown and attachments. There were 4 gown attachments but somehow there were really more. (Sometimes I add a new outfit before taking off what I am wearing.) That was the problem. There is something wrong with those gown attachments. I detached all of them and removed the gown, and everything in my inventory is fine now. Everything shows the 'wear', 'add' and 'attach' now. Everything is back to normal. I can wear all my clothes and things now! Thanks!

• Like 2

@Evelyn Rieko I think all of us learned some bad habits when we were starting out in SL. Sounds like you have too.

In SL like RL there are some basic parts of an avatar you will seldom change. The head, body, eyes, ears, teeth, skin, and for some of us our tattoos. But we change our clothes, hair, shoes, jewelry, and various accessories, in my case often several times a week if not day. And there are some parts that are not always worn but seldom change, like genitals and avatar physics.

Firestorm and Catznip have features to make organizing our basic body, outfits aka clothes, and personal parts easier. Using those tools I have basic Outfits saved that are my nude body, like a birthday suit in RL. I start any new set of clothes by replacing whatever I am wearing with one of my basic nude outfits. Then I add clothes, shoes, makeup, jewelry, etc. and save that as a new outfit. For the optional parts I use Firestorm's Favorites to add the kinky parts... and they aren't all kink. I consider dance particles and effects along with magic orbs, cotton candy, my stogies, bubble gum, and such stuff items for Favs.

One can use Outfits to make complex sets of items to add and remove to/from a worn outfit. It is a bit tricky as one has to build the outfit with the parts you want to add or remove then go into inventory and remove all the other stuff from the outfit. Like the basic avatar parts; body, makeup, etc.

Trying to remember to avoid all the avatar gotchas when starting a new outfit is just asking for problems. Having a basic starting point with everything removed that needs to be removed before starting a new outfit makes it easy and avoids the problems you ran into.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.