What is going on?

Ayeleeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an issue with my neck, its not just that the colors dont match, there seems to be a dark stripe, this stripe isnt covered by the neck blender. in fact if anything it is even more obvious with it, I am using Belleza jake, with a Leltuka head, Anyone know how to fix this?

Snapshot_137.thumb.png.222989d7fa8db8f993a516e0fdc182bf.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

I have an issue with my neck, its not just that the colors dont match, there seems to be a dark stripe, this stripe isnt covered by the neck blender. in fact if anything it is even more obvious with it, I am using Belleza jake, with a Leltuka head, Anyone know how to fix this?

Snapshot_137.thumb.png.222989d7fa8db8f993a516e0fdc182bf.png

First of all, turn off the neck blender. It's just causing problems.

If you still see it there is a mismatch between your head texture and body texture. If your head and body skins aren't from the same maker that will be an obvious cause; if they are it's still possible because they're technically different textures. If you're using BOM you can get blenders that will cover the join specifically to fix this sort of problem - I know that Izzie's makes some.

If the stripe is worse in some lighting conditions than others, it's possible that the meshes are set up so that they reflect light slightly differently (this is controlled by aspects of the meshes that are called "normals".) It's possible that the "normals" of the head and body are set up slightly differently. Your body may have different neck settings that will improve this.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

I know that Izzie's makes some.

I have that, it doesnt affect the dark stripe at all, makes the area above it and below it lighter so it becomes more noticeable

Edited by Ayeleeon

Take off the neck blender. Those are for when you have a mesh head on a no-mesh body (or vice-versa).

Turn Advanced Lighting off (temporarily). If the fault disappears, then its a materials issue, most likely on the head. Too much gloss/shine makes it look darker overall.

If not - re-wear your skin to make sure you're wearing the correct head and body skins.

Check the head hud to make sure its not got a tint on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

When i do this, during the time everything turns grey, th ehead and body are grey but the stripe stays that same color.

That means the skin is BOM but you are still wearing a mesh neck-blender, and it has a tint on it.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 3:57 PM, Ayeleeon said:

I have an issue with my neck, ... I am using Belleza jake, with a Leltuka head, Anyone know how to fix this?

You might find the solution for the neck issue in this video. Be sure to wear the latest Belleza Jake body and the latest Lelutka head.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 2

i had this problem as well once and it turned out i needed to attach my updated maitreya body. i was using an older version of the maitreya body. So you might want to also check your body too. So i had to take off an old version of maitreya and swap it for the newer version. could be you may need to detach and reattach your body aswell tbh. so do check your body you got on aswell as the head.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You never said if the head and body skin were from the same place.

It is an all in one skin, i updated the body but that didnt fix it, but when i logged in again it was fixed, So I guess i needed the updated body and a relog.

snapshot
Edited by Ayeleeon
  • Like 2

Well, I wouldn't necessarily agree with that one Ayeleeon. After all, you DID know you had a little problem here, and then knew to come to the forums to ask for some help, so please don't knock yourself too much, because I know your better then that. :) I am glad to see that your neck problem was fixed finally though; it's just a shame that sometimes doing a relog will up and help fix things like this though.

Peace...

3 hours ago, BjorJlen said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that one Ayeleeon.

OK, i know a lot obout SL, however the technical aspects of how it works on our computers I tend to be less knowledgeable. like someone who can do amazing things driving a car, but when the car breaks down, is clueless about how to fix it.

I hear ya Ayeleeon. Me I'd probably just buy a new car and be done with it lol. Other then that, when I had a similar issue a while back with another avatar I was making, I couldn't solve it immediately either. So instead I just bought a wide collar and was done with it until I finally got some help from some wise smart people. So your good... :) 👍

Peace...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.