Ivory Pegasi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know I probably seem silly asking for help for a player of 11 years but I am just returning after having been gone for 6 years. I have been back for 2 days and all I have been doing is reaquaintancing myself with my inventory. Having trouble already, too! My furniture doesn't work. I click on it and nothing happens when menus are supposed to show up. I click on poseballs and just take on an awkward sitting position on them. My old familiar animation override is not working. Items are taking a very long time to rezz. I don't know which viewer to use as it has been so long so I need someone currently very experienced to help me! Is all this trouble because my inventory is a bunch of antiques (including ME?) and the scripts no longer work in them or is it because I am using the Second Life Viewer? Or do I need to toggle a few buttons and switches that I may not know about at this present time? PLEASE somebody help an old "IN"-experienced player? Thank you bunches!

2 answers to this question

Hi, Ivory, welcome back!  I'm sure plenty of folks will chime in here, but I'll make a few comments.

Your furniture ought to work. Don't throw it away just yet, perhaps your location is simply experiencing some issues.

Some furniture using older scripts (especially adult-type furniture with tons of animations) can take a very long time to boot up. Pay attention to any messages from such items you get in nearby chat.

Check to see if scripts are enabled on the land. Right click the ground and choose About Land. Look in the Options and the Access tabs for your settings. Or, if the land is not yours, just look in the top menu bar to see if there is a little page symbol with a "NO" symbol, meaning scripts are disabled.

Poseball and other animations may require that you grant them permission to animate you, before they will work. When you sit on something, look for a little notice pop-up, and if you see one asking if it's all right to animate you, tell it yes.

Your animation overrider should always work, regardless of the land setting. See if you can select it for editing, and re-set its scripts. Or maybe you still have the boxed-up version and can wear a new copy of it.

Yes, things can take quite a while to rez. Check your graphics settings and turn off Shadows if they are on, and reduce your draw distance.  Performance may improve if you are higher than 1,000 m above ground level.

The Firestorm viewer is probably the most popular third party viewer, but any of the approved ones, and the stock viewer, should all have much the same capabilities.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Your animation overrider should always work, regardless of the land setting.

It will only work if it gets attached in a script enabled place. They'll fail if you log in to a no scripts place. And that's very much how this all sounds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.