Confused as to what desktop computer will be compatible with secondlife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Everyone ,

What are some good  computer specs for people that create ?I am not really a gamer but I do like to create things. I want to find a good desk top that can allow me to do that. I have been looking at the AMD ryzen 7300x for the CPU with at least 16gb  of ram and a solid state drive at 500. The graphics card I really wanted is a arm and a leg right now due to this shortage and people over charging, so Instead I wanted to get a GTX 1660 6GB.

Get a computer with as high specs as you can afford (sorry if I'm stating the obvious here).

SL relies more on CPU than GPU, so if you have to decide where to use your hard earned money, put your $ on the CPU instead of GPU.

Regarding your choice of AMD Ryzen 7300X, you might want to take a look at the Intel Core i7-11700K. It performs better compared to your choice of Ryzen, and the price difference is small. https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-3700X-vs-Intel-Core-i7-11700K/4043vs4107

Hope this helps.

I build my vr rig in 2015,  it does SL just fine and every game I throw at it and it's running a 980ftw 4gb card (I have dual cards, but one is for redundancy)

asus x99/3.1a motherboard

i7-5820k  OC xmp 4.5ghz on water

32gb ram

11tb space (between hdd and sdd's)

dual 980's with one sitting disabled as backup.

SL eats hardware. Nothing you can do about that. The more power you put into the CPU and GPU the better end result you will have. "Lag" in SL is solved by throwing ridiculously expensive hardware at it. It's just a matter of how much money you have to spend vs how much lag you can tolerate. The absolute best for SL right now is an Intel i9-12900k with a NVidia RTX-3090 but just those 2 parts alone will cost you a little under $4000. A better way to ask your question is "I have $1500 to spend for a desktop or laptop computer. What do y'all recommend and why?"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 847 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.