A Pose, Dev kits, And Clipping.

Ashlyn Morningstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello fellows,

I'm basically brand new to the creation scene, I have enjoyed using full perm mesh to build a small store but I have really reached a limit to my creativity there, and want to pursue creating my own custom pieces. I have all the software/plugins (blender, avastar, marvelous, any other suggestions welcome too) and already received a few dev kits(belleza & gianni), and I have already applied for most of the rest, but have hit my first two speed bumps. 

Belleza's "How to" info notecard says:

Please do NOT alter the Bind Pose:

It’s important to work with DevKits in the pose that are supplied in, for Belleza DevKits that is A-Pose. The reason for this is that changing the Bind-Pose alters the shape of the body.

So, thats fine except the thighs on the A pose given are pressed together, pushing inside one another. I know how to separate them, but I'm concerned if I do, the quality of my final product will be compromised. How do I make clothing for the lower body, and rig it properly, without separating the touching thighs? How would i even get a pair of shorts in between the legs, assuming I am using physics based methods of creating clothing, like marvelous designer?

AND the second speed bump, when exporting the body as a wavefront obj to model clothing onto it, how do I get it sized properly for something like marvelous designer? When I move it from Blender to Marvelous, it shrinks massively.

10 hours ago, Ashlyn Morningstar said:

I'm basically brand new to the creation scene

Welcome and hope you have fun \o/

It's very important to have laughs and giggles when making stuff.  I know a couple or three things, call me if you need me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.