Huh!

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I mean, if someone likes to be a good Samaritan, I don't see anything wrong with it, but why give money to someone who has payment info on record and a premium account?
Maybe he could save those resources and invest them better for young talent with basic accounts, encouraging them on their way.
I'm not sure it's that selfless good deal what he's doing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Maybe about 400L$ but i am not sure

You can always check the amount for sure by looking in the Transaction History on your dashboard.  Meanwhile, don't kick a gift horse in the teeth (to mangle the adage); just smile, think "Merry Christmas", and pass some of the good will along to someone else.

• Like 3

I was wr  wr wr not spot on. There's an older thread from last year also got woke, so with this  there's three.

My theory is it's a double act, along the lines of Cannon and Ball, Santa and Elves, this one is Phil and Thropic

I tried to create a similar double act a few years back called Full and Throbbing but it kept getting blocked by the censors

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Haha 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

You can always check the amount for sure by looking in the Transaction History on your dashboard.  Meanwhile, don't kick a gift horse in the teeth (to mangle the adage); just smile, think "Merry Christmas", and pass some of the good will along to someone else.

I am an atheist.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Maybe he could save those resources and invest them better for young talent with basic accounts, encouraging them on their way.
I'm not sure it's that selfless good deal what he's doing.

What a very bizarre attitude.

Your idea about "investing" in young talent is a good one, though: why not do that yourself with the money you were sent?

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What a very bizarre attitude.

Your idea about "investing" in young talent is a good one, though: why not do that yourself with the money you were sent?

Because in SL knowledge is free and that is the greatest value.
A few pennies here are of little use and are only for those who are here to play.
If I really wanted to be a good Samaritan, I would invest a few hundred euros to teach novices something useful.

• Sad 1

Just now, Tama Suki said:

Because in SL knowledge is free and that is the greatest value.
A few pennies here are of little use and are only for those who are here to play.
If I really wanted to be a good Samaritan, I would invest a few hundred euros to teach novices something useful.

I'm sorry, you're kind of all over the place here.

The money you were given is useless to you. That's fine, but it's not going to be useless to others, so why not pay it forward instead of criticizing the gift?

Are you helping others with your own knowledge? Are you investing money in teaching novices?

Or are you just griping that someone didn't choose the "right way" of being generous?

5 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I seem to grasp it as a tinge of uneasiness towards atheists.

The present I received was in celebration of Moosemas.

Like you, I don't believe in the Divine Moose in the Sky. But I believe in generosity and kindness, regardless of its source.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

So, go ahead and do it. 

I seem to grasp it as a tinge of uneasiness towards atheists.

Absolutely not. Anyone can be a good person.  Even me.  If you receive a gift in this world, be gracious. If you find someone else who needs the gift more than you, pass it along. I know many people who, like me, donated their CoVid stimulus checks last year to a local food bank. Any gift, no matter how small, is important as an expression of your care for others. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I can afford to be frank and honest I think I can write freely on this forum as long as I respect the rules. I don't write on all posts that don't belong to me like someone else does.
I don't think I'm doing some sort of spam.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:
12 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If I can afford to be frank and honest I think I can write freely on this forum as long as I respect the rules. I don't write on all posts that don't belong to me like someone else does.
I don't think I'm doing some sort of spam.

I think you may have misunderstood Scylla.  She is not referring to spam, and not thinking about other threads.  She is simply commenting that your reasoning in this particular thread here seems to be self-contradictory or at least difficult for other people here to understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry, what?

No one "owns" threads here, Tama. It's a general forum, and anyone in the community can respond to anyone. That's actually the point of the place.

So I hope I don't bother you and the regular audience with my imaginative and respectful trheads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I hope I don't bother you and the regular audience with my imaginative and respectful trheads.

You don't bother me at all; . And this is a very welcoming community: we are happy to have you here.

And I do apologize about my idiomatic English, which can be difficult for a non-native speaker.

It isn't unknown for people who receive unexpected and apparently inexplicable gifts to say the same thing as the victim of a mugging - "Why me?" 

Nobody expects the unexpected, and if you're one of those who believes firmly in a world of strict cause and effect, things that come out of the blue demand some form of explanation.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You don't bother me at all; . And this is a very welcoming community: we are happy to have you here.

And I do apologize about my idiomatic English, which can be difficult for a non-native speaker.

It is I who apologize because I often misunderstand what I read.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

It isn't unknown for people who receive unexpected and apparently inexplicable gifts to say the same thing as the victim of a mugging - "Why me?" 

Nobody expects the unexpected, and if you're one of those who believes firmly in a world of strict cause and effect, things that come out of the blue demand some form of explanation.

In the culture I come from, charity under certain conditions can be considered a form of contempt.
Of course I know this is not the case. But there is still that bitter aftertaste because I didn't ask anyone for anything.
Maybe I should stop considering SL a more or less faithful projection of reality and consider it as a slot machine in Las Vegas?

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.