Sign in to follow this  
Nacy Nightfire

What if we could all map each other?

Knowl pretty much hit the nail on the head here, and I have to agree entirely, it would definitely prevent the prolonging and festation of drama, as yeah, it'd remove people's privacy away, making it so they can't lie about what they're doing and end up doing something behind another's back.

But at the same time, there's nothing to say they can't make an alt, or hide behind something else, so in the end it really wouldn't matter, much. -- Honestly, my entire friendslist, which 50% is filled by people I don't even know, has the ability to map me, however I have started restricting who can and who cannot map me, due to the fact whenever I'm working and some one just suddenly jumps in and starts trying to start a conversation with me, becomes a bit of a bother.

But enough of that block of text, it would be interesting to be able to map whoever you want in the game, and see what people REALLY get up to, whenever they say they're going AFK or have someone to meet for whatever reason, either way, I wouldn't feel to comfortable with the idea just incase griefers were to take advantage of it and whatnot. 

My close friends can locate me on the world map, and from time to time it happens that someone just teleports without asking but that person leaves in a min lol, I guess I don't do some interesting things anyway... And if they don't mind me typing in chat every 3-5mins i don't mind them standing and looking what I am doing... 

One time i was with a client and a friend just teleported there, without asking, and started to shoot at us! A client didn't know he was my friend and ejected him in a few seconds:D

What I think is, if we all could track one another on the world map;

Most people (who have something to hide) would just make alt/s and problem solved. And another good thing is that then most of those people would need to buy all new things for their alts and thats a great thing for SL economy!

Oh wait, thats allready happening haha

And, even if I could locate every single person in SL, I have no idea what to do with that ability...

• Tamara Artis: One time i was with a client and a friend just teleported there, without asking, and started to shoot at us! A client didn't know he was my friend and ejected him in a few seconds.

Hahaha!! That's quite funny, wish I could of seen that go down, but yeah, things like that are fun, and what I would like to see, as long as it stays playful, and not serious.

I don't approve of people that have to literately stalk someone because of doubts or anxious thoughts about them, because then that just gets a bit too much, but if they're stalking just to be playful, at the same time remembering there's a limit to how playful one can be, then I have no obligations.

You used to be able to map all of your friends, then because of some bug/exploit/whatever you want to call it, that would let you map anyone if you convinced the client you were an Admin/God they decided to introduce server side permissions for mapping, and with that the ability to chose who can map you.

In 2005, friends used to be able to map each other.  It was not a bug.  It was a feature, smiles.  I don't recall whether non-friends could map you.

People regarded this as intrusive.  You are off being werid with your unicorn, and you friends just drop in.  In fact, dropping in on a friend unannounced was how I, as a newbie, learned all about the gorean worlds, smiles.

If you want your friends to be able to map you, just enable that on a friend by friend basis.

des/de/mona