Inworld random friend requests.

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Oh some of them are really nasty and they get really mad too if you won't satisfy them, i can guarantee you that.. (i have posted a couple of convos here at the forum if i remember well)

I've never had those kind of nasty messages. But maybe because I don't usually refuse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I've never had those kind of nasty messages. But maybe because I don't usually refuse.

815215234-4-Austin-Powers-quotes.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yep, kinda creepy.  Even worse is that hello from someone who said they found my name in a group I belong to.  That just seems really odd to me.

I've had the random hello from someone on Flickr which I don't really mind unless they're only interested in collaborating for an erotic picture.  

The groups thing is very creepy (and also makes me think they've sent the same IM to every other group member with a female name).

The flickr thing, not so creepy, usually, I've had a few people contact me to say they like my flickr feed and the interaction from them has been almost totally positive and non-creepy. None of them asked for friendship and none tried a repeat IM.

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Everything does depend on where I am an though. If I'm at hooker Hotel as a woman, then I expect that. Or  someplace like Degraded Factory of Pain, as a man, then all the women just message for sex too. 

But if I'm working on my AV, or art, I don't want any suggestive IM's!!!

There's one adult place I hang out at and I do often get suggestive IMs when I'm there, but the difference is, I already know them because they hang out at the same place as often as I do. I'm not getting unsolicited friends requests from people I've never met. 

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

There's an easy fix for all that and people may not like to use it but it's there for a reason. That little "eye" icon toggle over there.

I find that "Autoresponse to non-friends" is much more effective than pretending to be offline. It's easy to get caught out if you happen to be in the same place as them. I don't have autoresponse on all the time but when I do, it asks them to read my profile while they wait.  The usual response (when they reach the part where I tell them I'm a guy in RL) is "oh, nvm".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

I find that "Autoresponse to non-friends" is much more effective than pretending to be offline. It's easy to get caught out if you happen to be in the same place as them. I don't have autoresponse on all the time but when I do, it asks them to read my profile while they wait.  The usual response (when they reach the part where I tell them I'm a guy in RL) is "oh, nvm".

See this is where I become a bit irked. This is my SL not my first and I don't need shouldn't need to have to worry about "being caught out" If someone needs to get a hold of me that badly, and they never do, then simply IM me and say "hey, I see you are offline. Are you busy right now"?

I also use my auto response as a sort of advertisement with a link to my beYou store since most of my friends are in beYou so they probably wouldn't see a message as it's limited to how much you can put there.

• Like 5

On 12/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, Tama Suki said:

When a complete stranger sends you an unrequested friend request suddenly, how do you react?
Of course there is a profound difference if the subject is a noob or if he has an account born ten years ago.

It's a BIG FAT REJECT from my side, unless they are looking for my services. I too look at their profile, picks and 1st Life first I mean, someone had too many sexual stuffs on their picks and I thought it be some mf xD but turned out it was some client that wanted me to decorate. Oh well, so I still ask them "how may I help you?". But if I'm at some beach chilling down, and some dude with their pee pee all hard and hanging below walks upto me sending rando req. well ima just ignore and let him cry xD

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maitimo said:

I find that "Autoresponse to non-friends" is much more effective than pretending to be offline. It's easy to get caught out if you happen to be in the same place as them. I don't have autoresponse on all the time but when I do, it asks them to read my profile while they wait.  The usual response (when they reach the part where I tell them I'm a guy in RL) is "oh, nvm"

My Autoresponse is only enabled when i am online and can't reply with text, so people will get a message to either place a Voice call or contact me on Skype but i do understand how you mean it and yes some people have a feeling of "getting caught" like it's something bad, not me though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

See this is where I become a bit irked. This is my SL not my first and I don't need shouldn't need to have to worry about "being caught out" If someone needs to get a hold of me that badly, and they never do, then simply IM me and say "hey, I see you are offline. Are you busy right now"?

I also use my auto response as a sort of advertisement with a link to my beYou store since most of my friends are in beYou so they probably wouldn't see a message as it's limited to how much you can put there.

I looked for both of your inworld profiles.
I did not believe that in SL you can try to be an influencer as it is possible in FB or Twitter.
I mean. SL is objectively made of matter.
How it is possible that people here can follow someone who is not even capable of putting a texture on a cube is something I cannot explain to myself.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Man, just the other day I was AFKing in my apartment for a couple hours, and got a random friend request out of nowhere. I asked if I could help the guy, and he was like "hey I just bought new furniture in my house but the animations aren't working, come here and test them for me" 😂😂 I was like, ahahaha no thanks fam maybe contact the creator if you're having issues with your purchase. This dude replied with "I did already and they said its my download speed, please come here and see if it works for you" and probably sent me like 5-6 tp offers to his place somewhere I've never even heard of. Then came the barrage of "hello??" and "are you there baby?" and then a couple more tp offers before he finally gave up. 🤣

Like homie how did you even FIND me LOL

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I looked for both of your inworld profiles.
I did not believe that in SL you can try to be an influencer as it is possible in FB or Twitter.
I mean. SL is objectively made of matter.
How it is possible that people here can follow someone who is not even capable of putting a texture on a cube is something I cannot explain to myself.

I'm sorry....what?

This whole post makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Once again I'll have to silence two or three accounts. I would not like them to send me inappropriate requests for friendship. I really don't like being part of certain influencers' clubs.

You keep bringing up influencers now, but where did that even come from? I feel like something got lost in translation somewhere. 😅 Thus everyone's confusion.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

are you trying to humiliate me because english is not my mother tongue?

No one here is trying to humiliate you at all. 😅 We're simply expressing confusion, that's all, because we want to understand what you meant. People get confused and ask for clarification even if the other person is a native English speaker, and especially for non-native English speakers sometimes words and phrases don't translate perfectly and thus we end up with a bit of miscommunication and confusion. We also use the phrase "lost in translation" simply to mean there was a miscommunication somewhere in a conversation, regardless of language or literal translation, since even two native English speakers can misinterpret each other's messages and get confused. It happens! That's why it's good to ask people what they mean, if we don't understand their point. 🙂

• Like 2

On the original topic, I am pretty quick to accept friend requests after a nice conversation but the random ones can just go away, I decline those and don't even bother IMing them to see what they want, I think it is just rude and I don't care how long the person has been in SL. I have had newcomers spam me repeatedly with friend requests after I have declined, those people get blocked, if they can work out how to add friend, they can work out how to IM and say hello.

• Like 9

Nevermind!
It's just that I'm working on my stuff and when I look up on the computer I'm still with the feeling of being on Twitter and instead this is a whatever blog forum.
Sorry, don't pay attention to it.

I love you all, sorry if sometime i act in a strange way.
Good night.

• Moles

Friendly reminder:

• Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.

• Like 2

IMO throw random  friend req to people in SL is normal.

randon req to other people in FB or social platform is not normal, more dangerous,

thats from my point of view.

basically noone can hatm you in SL ,

but social media , everyone can track your rl family friend. (simple logic)

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

On 12/22/2021 at 1:41 AM, Ayeleeon said:

I accept them. I always have. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt. If accepting turns out to be mistake. I unfriend and block. 

I agree this is no social media   nobody can tra k your rl family 😁

It seems like the opposite logic applies in secondlife

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

4 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

IMO throw random  friend req to people in SL is normal.

It's normal if your avatar is male. 

I have a question for you (or for anyone else with a male avatar). How many unsolicited friends requests do you typically send (not receive) per day/week/whatever, to other male avatars?

4 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

basically noone can hatm you in SL ,

but social media , everyone can track your rl family friend. (simple logic)

Not true at all. Guys are constantly demanding RL info from women, if the women gave it all, there would be more than enough to get stalked in RL. It does happen. It happens a LOT. I have personally never been stalked in RL (probably because I'm up-front about being a guy in RL and those guys don't want to know) but there are a LOT of women in SL who have been stalked, tracked and threatened in RL because of SL. Many of them have spoken about their experiences on this forum.

Those women have no way of knowing that you are not their next stalker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 153 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.