Mainland Parcel "Sound" Tab Not Working

boxyfoxbiscuit UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to change my parcel sound stream (under about land, sound, and music url) to the 1920s Radio Network, which I've done in the past but had it changed to Alt Rock for a while. Now, I want my 1920s music back.

http://tess.fast-serv.com:8570/ is the URL, which is what it was in the past as well when it worked. It DOES work under the Media tab, but I want it under Sound so it plays for anyone that visits me. I have no idea why it's doing this. Will it still play for everyone if I set it under the Media tab? If not, how do I fix this?

For context, I'm using Firestorm (which I almost always have), I own the parcel, and it's deeded to my group. I even have a smaller section split off and deeded to another group I own for my store, and I have the same issue there.

5 answers to this question

I'm a little fixated on the fact the shoutcast stream content type is "audio/aacp" which might be handled by the media-playing codecs and maybe not by whatever plays back audio streams (which seem to work fine for mp3-encoded streams). But this is just a shot in the dark.

Parcel media could be played by everybody but the fact is more people have parcel audio enabled. Media had some ugly privacy problems years ago in SL, and really does offer an easier way to determine who's an alt of whom, compared to audio which everybody enables to hear their favorite DJ beg for "a little Linden love" every other song.

On 12/21/2021 at 4:42 PM, Qie Niangao said:

I'm a little fixated on the fact the shoutcast stream content type is "audio/aacp" which might be handled by the media-playing codecs and maybe not by whatever plays back audio streams (which seem to work fine for mp3-encoded streams). But this is just a shot in the dark.

seeing the fact it doesn't work manually either i think it's indeed a format problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.