Hi, Newbie neweding help! Lighting a skydome!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, so I just rented a sky dome and well the shared environment is awful and of course I do not have permission to change the parcel environment. I am wanting to be able to use my settings as my shared environment settings if that makes sense. Not sure I'm saying it right. I know how to create my own sky, and day settings but how do I make it so those settings apply when visitors pop by? If that isn't possible due to not being able to change the parcel environment, is there a big enough script to build a large light that would work in a sky dome? Also I should mention mine is 1/4m. Not real sure what that means lol. Any help would be amazing!!

Thank you!!

Heidi

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 2:00 PM, heidi412 said:

Hi, so I just rented a sky dome and well the shared environment is awful and of course I do not have permission to change the parcel environment. I am wanting to be able to use my settings as my shared environment settings if that makes sense. Not sure I'm saying it right. I know how to create my own sky, and day settings but how do I make it so those settings apply when visitors pop by? If that isn't possible due to not being able to change the parcel environment, is there a big enough script to build a large light that would work in a sky dome? Also I should mention mine is 1/4m. Not real sure what that means lol. Any help would be amazing!!

Thank you!!

Heidi

Prim point light is what you need. I think. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Category:LSL_Light

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 831 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.