+/- 40 m terraforming... why so-called?

Yukari Kimagawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am selling a parcel of land in the Color Sims which is one of those generally described as having +/- 40m terraforming.

Having experimented with it, I have been able to raise one 16 sq m portion to 60m height (which is 40 m above water level), and the next parcel to 0m, or 20 m below water level, which is 'absolute zero' in terraforming terms as far as I know.

So I am wondering where this term +/- 40m came from?  It seems you can have a range of 60 metres on adjacent portions of the land, but never go below 0m.  Where does the figure of 40m fit in?

1 hour ago, Yukari Kimagawa said:

I am selling a parcel of land in the Color Sims which is one of those generally described as having +/- 40m terraforming.

Having experimented with it, I have been able to raise one 16 sq m portion to 60m height (which is 40 m above water level), and the next parcel to 0m, or 20 m below water level, which is 'absolute zero' in terraforming terms as far as I know.

So I am wondering where this term +/- 40m came from?  It seems you can have a range of 60 metres on adjacent portions of the land, but never go below 0m.  Where does the figure of 40m fit in?

as far i know it gives the range of terraforming compared to the original design, not measured to the 0 point.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it gives the range of terraforming

I guess that must be it  :)   I guess the range is 80 metres...  oh, but no, the range is only 60 metres...  hmmmm...   well, thank you!   :)

EDIT:   I guess it goes to 40 metres above water level, but only 20 below.

Edited by Yukari Kimagawa
Additional comment

13 minutes ago, kitten Mills said:

As far as I know, you can terraform on mainland + - 4m and not 40 and the basis for that is the original design. This also corresponds to my experience and makes sense, especially on linden roads or protected waterways.

Some of the older regions on Sansara do allow +/-40. Clyde is just one example.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.