My account

OTM Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

51 minutes ago, OTM Alpha said:

All my saved outfits and animations are gone out of my inventory. everything I had saved says its bascially gone. Sl sometimes has problems and when it does it deletes everything ive had saved please help.

Clear INVENTORY cache and relog.  

The Lab has put considerable effort into making sure inventory is not lost. It is extremely rare that people suffer inventory loss.

HOWEVER, the viewers can choke up and fail to down the client side inventory from the server side original. As Rowan suggests, the simple thing is to clear the inventory cache. There are more elegant solutions that provide faster recovery on next login. Read about the solutions here - search: Firestorm Viewer Inventory Loss.

The two big problems with inventory are file corruption of the inventory index files viewer side and flat inventory... meaning everything is keep in one folder in inventory. Depending on how good a connection you have to SL somewhere around 5,000 items in a single folder becomes a problem.

If you still have a problem after working through the Firestorm wiki's repair steps, if you still have a problem then file a support ticket.

Have you checked for any of your outfits or animations by typing their name into the search window on your inventory panel?  It's possible the contents of the folders could accidentally have been moved to another folder, even if their empty folders themselves are still there.  That's happened to me in the past.  It's very easy to inadvertently move something to a different folder, especially if you have selected several things simultaneously as the inventory scrolls much faster then.

Edited by Conifer Dada

22 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

Have you tried another viewer. I often have things missing in Firestorm, but they are there if I use the SL viewer.

I addition to this, if you do decide to submit a support ticket you must make sure the fault applies to the official viewer. They won't even consider your ticket if you're using a third party viewer.

9 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I had a moment of duh recently using search filters and selected show only certain file types. I panicked before I realized my mistake.

Ouch, been there, done that 🙂 Glad everything is okay... I was feeling your pain there for a minute hehe.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 849 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.