I created my account with the wrong birth date 11 years ago

Lolita Rassir

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day!! After thinking and thinking if I want to return or not to second life, I decided to return.

I was thinking of verifying my age, the problem is that I created my account when I was a minor and I put a date that was not mine. This was 11 years ago, let's say I already finished school many years ago now hahaha.

I wanted to know your recommendations, is it worth contacting support to change the date even if 11 years have passed with a wrong date of birth?

I already know that I was wrong, it was a habit that my brother grasped, he put all his accounts as he was an adult at legal age in any video game. At that time I didn't understand the importance of this.

Greetings and thank for reading 😎 

Sorry my English, this is not my native language ♥️

Good day to you too!! I'm so glad you are considering coming back to Second Life. There's one thing I'm kinda curious about, though, and you'll have to forgive me if this sounds a little off-topic, but: why are you posting your text in a way that makes me have to scroll sideways? Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

10 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:
Good day to you too!! I'm so glad you are considering coming back to Second Life. There's one thing I'm kinda curious about, though, and you'll have to forgive me if this sounds a little off-topic, but: why are you posting your text in a way that makes me have to scroll sideways? Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Hello 😊 I speak Spanish and I studied english 7 years ago, so I copied and paste my Spanish writing and translated to English.

My English is a little rusty 😵

Edited by Lolita Rassir
Wrong writing
  • Like 1

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

however you should have given your real data,... it wil get only a problem when you get account issues, LL will ask your credentials in that case.

Yes I know, I think it was the stupidity of the age, teenagers... 

In case that LL ask for my credentials, I'll give all the information and credentials that they need. 

• Like 2

Putting a birthdate that is out by a specific amount, such as a month or a year, is actually a very good means of confounding those attempting to steal your ID, but you do need to keep a record of each site/ account, and the birthdate you specified for it, should you ever need to challenge a fake ID. Should it ever become necessary to prove  it, the deliberate falshood in the birthdate can help prove that your details were obtained from a specific site by a hack.

1 minute ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Putting a birthdate that is out by a specific amount, such as a month or a year, is actually a very good means of confounding those attempting to steal your ID, but you do need to keep a record of each site/ account, and the birthdate you specified for it, should you ever need to challenge a fake ID. Should it ever become necessary to prove  it, the deliberate falshood in the birthdate can help prove that your details were obtained from a specific site by a hack.

Yes I have the birthday that I specified. It is exactly as you said, it is a specific amount in the year. Thanks, your reply is very helpfull.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 943 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.