NFT can kill SL?

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Already happened. See "The NFT Bay" .. it has every NFT .. ever .. 

I'm not at all surprised of course. ;)

The next question is what are people who believe they can copy protect a 3D model or a texture/image through a blockchain thinking? Assuming they are thinking at all that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I'm not at all surprised of course. ;)

The next question is what are people who believe they can copy protect a 3D model or a texture/image through a blockchain thinking? Assuming they are thinking at all that is.

Not an option at this stage. More worried about copyright protection, but then all my stuff is produced/derived from my 3d models. Long before NFT/blockchain I sought a written document from the only company that has access to my models NOT to store them on their drives. It's still risky as their staff are all college attendees so the temptation is always there. Delete is the rule and woe betide them if not compliant.

Edited by Maryanne Solo

58 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Opensea, one of the main sites for NFT art has stopped accepting takedown requests, class action is on the cards. This is affecting a lot of artists.

There's a lot you can do. There are lawyers for this sort of thing.

Useful info: OpenSea is a d/b/a name of Ozone Networks, Inc., a Delaware corporation. Here is Delaware Corporation Search. If you send a properly written DMCA takedown demand (you're not just asking), to their agent for service of process, it will reach their lawyers. Here is the Nolo Press howto guide for sending DMCA notices.

OpenSea is probably not entitled to the "safe harbor" provision of the DMCA for service providers because they, in the language of the DMCA, "receive a financial benefit directly attributable to the infringing activity, in a case in which the service provider has the right and ability to control such activity".

Look up "DMCA Lawyer". You can probably find someone to talk to for a few minutes for free. If the item is being resold for a large dollar amount, you might be able to get legal representation on a contingency basis, where you are not charged but the lawyer gets a cut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, animats said:

OpenSea is probably not entitled to the "safe harbor" provision of the DMCA for service providers because they, in the language of the DMCA, "receive a financial benefit directly attributable to the infringing activity, in a case in which the service provider has the right and ability to control such activity".

What does this say about LL hosting user ripped content on the Marketplace for sale to other users, where upon sale, LL gets a percentage of said sale, even if it is in "tokens"?

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The story about the DA account does not make NFT's look good no, but art theft is not something unique to NFT's

I think it's all just a symptom of a bigger problem. Too many people lacking creative skills in the world who simply just don't know how to make a decent living in an honest fashion, combined with too many people who grew up in single parent households without good morals or self discipline instilled in them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

The story about the DA account does not make NFT's look good no, but art theft is not something unique to NFT's

I think it's all just a symptom of a bigger problem. Too many people lacking creative skills in the world who simply just don't know how to make a decent living in an honest fashion, combined with too many people who grew up in single parent households without good morals or self discipline instilled in them.

It's called greed (and theft).

The more you bash on single parent families, the worse you make yourself look.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone told me at my bar --- best thing for a NFT is to take it out back and shoot it.

He overheard a group (probably millennials) chatting about NFTs and how a couple of them were selling them. One of them was complaining to one of the barkeeps on why we don't accept crypto. It's cash and carry baby. We take the cash --- you carry the booze!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

17 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

It's a simple question. Do you think that people who go around scamming people, stealing from them are generally people who have morals and self discipline?

Do you think that:

1) All people growing up in single parent households don't have good morals or self discipline instilled in them?

AND

2 All people growing up in two parent households do have good morals or self discipline instilled in them?

If yes, we need proof. If no, what does the number of parents have to do with anything?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

55 minutes ago, Extrude Ragu said:

I think it's all just a symptom of a bigger problem.

A significant percentage of the internet is copy-and-paste. There's no getting around that, many people want to join in, and if they aren't a creator they'll turn to re-tweets instead. Everybody's doing it, just look at how we grab clips off Youtube to embellish our posts here?

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

1) All people growing up in single parent households don't have good morals or self discipline instilled in them?

No I do not think so. In some households, a child is lucky to have an exceptionally hard working single parent.

2 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

2 All people growing up in two parent households do have good morals or self discipline instilled in them?

No, in some households, a child is unlucky enough to have two exceptionally lazy parents.

3 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If no, what does the number of parents have to do with anything?

This really is not rocket science. An average child is far more likely to have a parent available to spend time with them throughout the day, in a house where two average adults are present, vs a house where one average adult is present. An adult has only so many hours in the day, many are consumed by work and household chores/maintenance. In general a household with two adults can split the work and generally have more time to spend on the child as a result.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Extrude Ragu said:

No I do not think so. In some households, a child is lucky to have an exceptionally hard working single parent.

No, in some households, a child is unlucky enough to have two exceptionally lazy parents.

This really is not rocket science. An average child is far more likely to have a parent available to spend time with them throughout the day, in a house where two average adults are present, vs a house where one average adult is present. An adult has only so many hours in the day, many are consumed by work and household chores/maintenance. In general a household with two adults can split the work and generally have more time to spend on the child as a result.

In a society where it takes two adults working just to pay the monthly bills. What Utopian planet are you living on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Extrude Ragu said:

Too many people lacking creative skills in the world who simply just don't know how to make a decent living in an honest fashion, combined with too many people who grew up in single parent households without good morals or self discipline instilled in them.

As someone who did not grow up in a "traditionally loving" two-parent system, the idea that only the style of upbringing you're obviously familiar with can create good character is insulting and close minded. Sane, moral people can come from 2, 1 ,0 or -1 good-parent households. Thank you, good day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

In a society where it takes two adults working just to pay the monthly bills. What Utopian planet are you living on?

If it takes two adults to pay the bills then a single parent household would not be possible without someone else paying for it. In other words, by saying that it takes two parents to pay the bills you are stating that single parent households are not sustainable in our society. 

Even if both adults do work, the child would still find that the adults would have more time for the child, as household tasks carried out by the parents can be shared. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.