Jump to content

I want to meet new people!


Kaleeisi
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone!

SL has been quite lonely lately, my friends are barely ever online, or busy with something else or their loved ones, feels like I'm an outsider, starting random conversations out there rarely works, so here we go:

What I like: dancing, throwing house parties (and partying in general), exploring but not alone, watching movies, taking pictures, shopping, talking about everything, I have an easy sense of humor and make a lot of jokes so pass this out if you're too serious, we won't match. I'm easy to please, can do anything or nothing in good company.

Hiiit me up if you think we can have a good time/good conversations.

Wink GIFs | Tenor

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

Meeting new people in world is not the hard part, retaining friends is another thing all together.

That's true,  and it's a hit and miss, you're at risk to start a conversation with people who has nothing in common with you, people who are not open to make new friends or whatever, that's been the deal with me meeting new people in world.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fact, if you look at it, I often experience the same situation.... I've been here for a year and a half, yes it's not a long time, but I still have very few friends, they are not active either.I tried to meet a lot of new people, but their only reaction was to not respond, the interesting thing is we are here to socialize, why these reactions?but what can I say... people can be different just like colors 🙂  We are longing for warm-blooded people. sometimes I feel like a stepchild here haha 😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, wildorchide said:

In fact, if you look at it, I often experience the same situation.... I've been here for a year and a half, yes it's not a long time, but I still have very few friends, they are not active either.I tried to meet a lot of new people, but their only reaction was to not respond, the interesting thing is we are here to socialize, why these reactions?but what can I say... people can be different just like colors 🙂  We are longing for warm-blooded people. sometimes I feel like a stepchild here haha 😁

I was very lucky to meet my two very good friends (now not so active) on my very first day, they helped me with everything and we sticked together after that, I keep saying if it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't even have stayed on second life, cause what the hell would I be doing alone in a world I knew nothing about? 

I see a lot of people experiencing the same, really. I guess we have to be lucky to find the ones who are in the same "vibe"? Something like that.

Which is why I thought trying the forum wouldn't hurt cause surely other people would relate to that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, measmia said:

İlk günümde çok iyi iki arkadaşımla (şimdi o kadar aktif değil) tanıştığım için çok şanslıydım, bana her konuda yardımcı oldular ve ondan sonra birlikte olduk, onlar olmasaydı muhtemelen yapmazdım deyip duruyorum. Hatta ikinci hayatta kaldım, çünkü hakkında hiçbir şey bilmediğim bir dünyada tek başıma ne yapıyor olurdum ki? 

Aynı şeyi yaşayan birçok insan görüyorum, gerçekten. Sanırım aynı "vibe" içinde olanları bulmak için şanslı olmamız gerekiyor? Bunun gibi bir şey.

Bu yüzden forumu denemenin zarar vermeyeceğini düşündüm çünkü kesinlikle diğer insanlar bununla ilgili olurdu.

 

25 minutes ago, measmia said:

İlk günümde çok iyi iki arkadaşımla (şimdi o kadar aktif değil) tanıştığım için çok şanslıydım, bana her konuda yardımcı oldular ve ondan sonra birlikte olduk, onlar olmasaydı muhtemelen yapmazdım deyip duruyorum. Hatta ikinci hayatta kaldım, çünkü hakkında hiçbir şey bilmediğim bir dünyada tek başıma ne yapıyor olurdum ki? 

Aynı şeyi yaşayan birçok insan görüyorum, gerçekten. Sanırım aynı "vibe" içinde olanları bulmak için şanslı olmamız gerekiyor? Bunun gibi bir şey.

Bu yüzden forumu denemenin zarar vermeyeceğini düşündüm çünkü kesinlikle diğer insanlar bununla ilgili olurdu.

You actually did something useful, after all it really takes luck and coincidence to expect other people to be in their mood that day,And I'm not that patient person 😁 I think you can attract people who agree with you by writing here, after all, if she's/ he's posting here anyway, it means she's/ he's interested in being friends.friendship is beautiful, some people think we're going to have them for dinner, do you think they see us as cannibals?🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, measmia said:

I see a lot of people experiencing the same, really. I guess we have to be lucky to find the ones who are in the same "vibe"? Something like that.

Which is why I thought trying the forum wouldn't hurt cause surely other people would relate to that.

The first step to change is actually doing something different. So kudos for taking that first step! :)

I do hope you find other like minded people to share a wonderful second life friendship experience!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wildorchide said:

In fact, if you look at it, I often experience the same situation.... I've been here for a year and a half, yes it's not a long time, but I still have very few friends, they are not active either.I tried to meet a lot of new people, but their only reaction was to not respond, the interesting thing is we are here to socialize, why these reactions?but what can I say... people can be different just like colors 🙂  We are longing for warm-blooded people. sometimes I feel like a stepchild here haha 😁

I've been here over 13 years, still have long bouts of being alone, even with a few dozen "friends" online. Its hard to find people that can understand that there are times i cant spend time with them, i try to make mesh clothing monthly, but RL does get in the way. I have no problems with chatting or just hanging out with people, even when i am making stuff, but they usually want to go somewhere or do something. 

On 12/17/2021 at 11:02 PM, Randall Ahren said:

What's your favorite element? 

(Mg,Fe2+)2(Mg,Fe2+)5Si8O22(OH)2  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I've been here over 13 years, still have long bouts of being alone, even with a few dozen "friends" online. Its hard to find people that can understand that there are times i cant spend time with them, i try to make mesh clothing monthly, but RL does get in the way. I have no problems with chatting or just hanging out with people, even when i am making stuff, but they usually want to go somewhere or do something. 

(Mg,Fe2+)2(Mg,Fe2+)5Si8O22(OH)2  ;)

No, that's wrong, if it's your friends, they'll understand you anyway. We may not always be available, as you said, real life always goes on. 🙂 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking and spending time with random people in SL is the easy part, the hard part is not to get bored so I have the habit of deleting most of "SL only" friends at the end of every year and start fresh, makes the game more interesting. (*deleted 188 this week)
 
(tip. maybe you should try the RP communities, plenty of people there to socialize)
 
AjarHeartfeltKomododragon-size_restricte
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Echelon Alcott said:

The first step to change is actually doing something different. So kudos for taking that first step! :)

I do hope you find other like minded people to share a wonderful second life friendship experience!

Just what I thought, in my experience different is usually good. 

Thank you, I hope so too :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat as you. I want to find some cool people to chill with. I had build a nice list of friends, but after awhile many of them didn't log back in. Life also got busy for me and by the time I got back, most places I frequented were gone too. Anyways, if you're ever in world hit me up. I'm always down to visit some nice electronic dance clubs (techno, trance, house, hardstyle, etc) or just go exploring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nick0678 said:
Talking and spending time with random people in SL is the easy part, the hard part is not to get bored so I have the habit of deleting most of "SL only" friends at the end of every year and start fresh, makes the game more interesting. (*deleted 188 this week)
 
(tip. maybe you should try the RP communities, plenty of people there to socialize)
 
AjarHeartfeltKomododragon-size_restricte

If you could delete 188 people this week alone...how many people do you have on that list to start with??  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

 

We are at the end of the year.10 days left

Oh!  My reading comprehension is a bit off today.  This is what happens when I'm running on 2 hrs sleep.  Still...188 people at all astounds me.  Right now I have 72 on my "friend's list" and of that...

5 are my alts
33 are designers I currently or have previously worked with
5 have left SL permanently and I just can't let them go
4 are people I genuinely like and talk to often

The rest...well they tend to yell at me when I "accidentally" delete them instead of the person above them on the list ;) so they stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The rest...well they tend to yell at me when I "accidentally" delete them instead of the person above them on the list ;) so they stay.

If they message me to whine and demand to know why they were deleted, that only reinforces my stand that they needed to be deleted.  I have never once asked anyone why they removed me.  If they did it just to see if they would get a reaction, well...they don't get one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Oh!  My reading comprehension is a bit off today.  This is what happens when I'm running on 2 hrs sleep.  Still...188 people at all astounds me.  Right now I have 72 on my "friend's list" and of that..

Go have some rest and you should be fine. They aren't that many, it's 3-4  friend invites every week.

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

5 are my alts
33 are designers I currently or have previously worked with
5 have left SL permanently and I just can't let them go
4 are people I genuinely like and talk to often

Yes i understand what you say, for me it's the same criteria as in any other game, doesn't matter if it's Call of Duty or GTA or SL, as long as we still play together we are friends in SL.

1 hour ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The rest...well they tend to yell at me when I "accidentally" delete them instead of the person above them on the list ;) so they stay.

There's no such thing as "yelling", we are strangers.

With those that we are something more, we already have shared each others Skype/phone numbers etc..

Edited by Nick0678
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, measmia said:

 In SL there are some people who might have you for dinner, so you never know 🤣

   .. Also breakfast and lunch. Oh, and, as a snack. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, measmia said:

you're at risk to start a conversation with people who has nothing in common with you

but what are you risking? A few minutes of your time, time spent doing nothing if you don't reach out and talk to someone. yes 95% of those intital canversations will result in nothing, but so what? that 5% makes it worth it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...