need a job

soriaxo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You are 1 day old with an empty profile. I'd get at least 30 days under you and figure out how SL works before jumping into employment. Also, DJing is a lot of work and costs money. You need a stream and licensed music and DJ software. Dancing maybe but you still need to be at least 30 days before most places will even think of hiring you.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You are 1 day old with an empty profile. I'd get at least 30 days under you and figure out how SL works before jumping into employment. Also, DJing is a lot of work and costs money. You need a stream and licensed music and DJ software. Dancing maybe but you still need to be at least 30 days before most places will even think of hiring you.

Okay tysm !

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

I don't think a SL DJ is allowed to play licensed music, I remember talking to someone when I was DJ'ng that some SL DJ was reported for playing copyrighted music. So it needs to be in a form of remix or cover but not the licensed one. Don't want ppl to be in trouble for that now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, karenx0 said:

I don't think a SL DJ is allowed to play licensed music, I remember talking to someone when I was DJ'ng that some SL DJ was reported for playing copyrighted music. So it needs to be in a form of remix or cover but not the licensed one. Don't want ppl to be in trouble for that now.

Ok....that's totally....wrong but let's not get into another DJ licensing discussion on this thread. There has to be at least 50 other ones on the forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Ok....that's totally....wrong but let's not get into another DJ licensing discussion on this thread. There has to be at least 50 other ones on the forum.

As long as the songs don't say official video or it's not from vevo or any other music lable or even not from the original singer itself, but yk from a fan channel those can be played.

On 12/17/2021 at 11:10 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Copyright issues aside, this is the main point.

Get your sl feet under you before you consider working. If you joined sl just to make money, that will not work.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 848 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.