Land Impact counter

Tama Suki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there a way to see how much land impact I am creating in a region even if I am not the owner?
I bought one of those primcounters at the marketplace but then I realized I wasted money because it only responds to the land owner.
I tried with the Firestorm viewer but that just tells me how many prims belong to me by calculating the meshes as a single prim even if actually one mesh cause 50 of land impact.
Is there a method to understand it through the viewer or maybe a nice free object?

• Like 1

You'd have to check land impact usage of each land owner parcel region-wide and total the results.

There is no single-use function to get all used land impact region-wide, unless a region only has one land owner parcel.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetParcelPrimOwners

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

You'd have to check land impact usage of each land owner parcel region-wide and total the results.

There is no single-use function to get all used land impact region-wide, unless a region only has one land owner parcel.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlGetParcelPrimOwners

I am in a SLEA sim where I have been graciously given a space equivalent to that of an entire sim.
But I'm in midair and below me there are other objects that don't belong to me.
I don't understand anything about scripts.
I just want an object with a script inside that when I click on it tells me how much Land Impact I'm doing in the sim.
I bought one but I am not allowed to use it because I have no rights on the sim.
Perhaps the solution is just to buy this item again as a gift to the sim owner.
While we're here, I have another stupid question. I found a collection of megaprims in an old folder buried in the inventory. Is it still possible to use them or have they been banned so I might break some rules?

Something I am unable to check now because I don't have a private region any longer. Maybe somebody else can verify if what I observed is still the case.

Back when setting prim to convex hull to lower LI was all the rage, I tried a couple of experiments in my island.

I noted the region' total prim allowance , used, and remaining figures.

In a smaller parcel I noted the used and free figures.

I rezzed a build in the parcel with all the children set to prims and noted the change in the figures

I noted the change to the hole region figures

I changed the children to convex hull.

I noted the new usage figures for the parcel, which did indeed show a decrease in prims used and an increase in prims remaining.

I checked the full region figures and found they were still showing the effects of the build with all children set to prim. After a reset there was no change.

From that, I concluded that the savings were only applicable to parcel prim counts, if you had an island with a 15000 upper prim count, objects on that island consumed their basic prim count, not a reduced figure due to convex hull.

ie the 15000 region prim limit is an absolute, you couldn't get an apparent 20,000 prims used by fiddling around with convex hulls.

I'd be interested to know if it's different today.

3 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

While we're here, I have another stupid question. I found a collection of megaprims in an old folder buried in the inventory. Is it still possible to use them or have they been banned so I might break some rules?

SLEA may have special rules, so check that, but in general the old megaprims still work fine. Try to choose ones that fit in their native dimensions, not the carved-up ones which (at least historically) had some hefty physics impact. Also, it's really kinda risky to set these things non-phantom, again from a collisions standpoint, although you'll probably get away with it just fine.

To the land impact question, if it's tractable to do the summing yourself, you can find the Land Impact of all your individual objects (and some you can Move that are owned by others) from Build / Pathfinding / Region Objects in most viewers. (It's possible Firestorm may repackage that data in some other way somewhere else, if one explores all the twisty little passages of its UI, but my patience is finite.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Something I am unable to check now because I don't have a private region any longer. Maybe somebody else can verify if what I observed is still the case.

Back when setting prim to convex hull to lower LI was all the rage, I tried a couple of experiments in my island.

I rezzed a build in the parcel with all the children set to prims and noted the change in the figures

I noted the new usage figures for the parcel, which did indeed show a decrease in prims used and an increase in prims remaining.

I checked the full region figures and found they were still showing the effects of the build with all children set to prim. After a reset there was no change.

From that, I concluded that the savings were only applicable to parcel prim counts, if you had an island with a 15000 upper prim count, objects on that island consumed their basic prim count, not a reduced figure due to convex hull.

ie the 15000 region prim limit is an absolute, you couldn't get an apparent 20,000 prims used by fiddling around with convex hulls.

if a build a prim, let's say a cube classic with the wood texture, while i am flying it can be possible to reduce the weight of something?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

You can overrun parcel/region available prims with prim torture while the target prim is selected or sat on. Once the prim is no longer selected or sat on, it will be returned to your inventory. I filed a feature request years ago to have this changed to return even while selected or sat upon as there are grief vectors that use this functionality explicitly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

SLEA may have special rules, so check that, but in general the old megaprims still work fine. Try to choose ones that fit in their native dimensions, not the carved-up ones which (at least historically) had some hefty physics impact. Also, it's really kinda risky to set these things non-phantom, again from a collisions standpoint, although you'll probably get away with it just fine.

To the land impact question, if it's tractable to do the summing yourself, you can find the Land Impact of all your individual objects (and some you can Move that are owned by others) from Build / Pathfinding / Region Objects in most viewers. (It's possible Firestorm may repackage that data in some other way somewhere else, if one explores all the twisty little passages of its UI, but my patience is finite.)

Interesting thank you. Today i want to see if i'll be able to let a prim follow some sort of path.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 944 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.