Gacha replacements?

Youngin Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,

I was gone during the time that LL banned gachas but I’ve heard that there is something sorta like it that replaced it. Does anyone know what it’s called and also the best approach to it? I never got into selling via gacha but I wanted to but by the that time it was too late.

Hi Youngin, I was a gacha reseller for awhile! (Technically still am, but the landscape has changed a bit since gacha ban so I'm trying to feel that out before I go back into reselling...ANYWAY) There are several different gacha-like machines creators are using. By name, I know of Miepon, but there are some other systems I've seen at shopping events that I don't immediately recall names of. The basic principle is that the distribution is still random, but the machine will tell you which item is being sold at the moment (like, NOW SELLING: COMMON 6 or whatever) and if someone buys that it then changes to another random item in the gacha- but still fully informative of what you're getting before you pay. So, if you wanted a specific item you'd still probably have to buy through a bunch of other items before you got to it, which to me still seems supportive of the reseller market. Hopefully- it was fun lol. As far as I can tell all the machines more or less work like this. Gacha, but with full disclosure of what's going to be generated out to you. I hope this rambling helped some! 

Edited by anniebumpkins
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.