More free LeLutka mesh heads for Christmas

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Jessenia Bellic said:

I got the new head, but I think I'm doing something wrong. lol This is how it looks, please help!

Snapshot_001.png

Under the head tab (head icon) in the HUD, click on the "EVO" button to see the regular skin.  If you have a skin specifically labeled for Evo X, wear it and click on the "Evo X" button to see it.

image.png.340b9ef9711142179bf3b5360360412f.png

From your picture, it looks like you're wearing a body skin. Skins nowadays are sold in two separate parts; one for the body with no head texture and one for the head with no body texture. The body skin usually comes in a form of system skin. The head skin often comes in tattoo layer form. You need to wear these two together.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I forget the order . but in the hud you need to go to the head icon on the hud and click either evo or evox.. That should set you right.

I'm gonna say evo since the ears aren't rezzed.

I managed to get my face fixed by clicking on evox but my ears still are gray, do I need to buy ears? because if I click on evo, my face goes all wonky lol. I'm so used to my genus head, the hud is a bit confusing. 

Snapshot_002.png

Edited by Jessenia Bellic
fixed it
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jessenia Bellic said:

I managed to get my face fixed by clicking on evox but my ears still are gray, do I need to buy ears? because if I click on evo, my face goes all wonky lol. I'm so used to my genus head, the hud is a bit confusing. 

Snapshot_002.png

You don't need to buy new ears. I'm not on my pc and I can't check out what it might be. The Hud is very easy I guess you have to use to it. There are skins for the EvoX ears, they are in the folder, I think it will help. 

Edited by HelenaNavy92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HelenaNavy92 said:

You don't need to buy new ears. I'm not on my pc and I can't check out what it might be. The Hud is very easy I guess you have to use to it. There are skins for the EvoX ears, they are in the folder, I think it will help. 

Thanks Helena! I finally figured it out lol

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jessenia Bellic said:

Snapshot_002.png

If evox works then there is a good chance you have skins for the ears in the skin folder.. Go to your skin folder and look for a red icon that looks like little red stack of papers. It should say something with ears in the description.

What brand skin is it?

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

If evox works then there is a good chance you have skins for the ears in the skin folder.. Go to your skin folder and look for a red icon that looks like little red stack of papers. It should say something with ears in the description.

What brand skin is it?

I figured out how to fix the ears and the skin is in the folder lol. I think it was ears 6 and so is the face skin. I'm going to bed right now but I seem to be having a problem with my eyes, they don't look right, so that'll be a project for tomorrow! lol thank you so much for the help!

• Like 2

I got it and tried it, but as with every other Lelutka head demo I've tried, I just can't get a "me" shape with it. Usually it's the mouth but this time it's the eyes. They're to big top to bottom and not big enough side to side, and the sliders don't fix it adequately. And the overall look, makes me look like I'm about twelve.

The male head on the other hand is lovely, and I can get "me" with that one. It's a pity it doesn't come with dual neck fits like Catwa did with Freya. I'd love to be able to wear Logan on a female body.

Lovely heads both but sorry, still loyal to Catwa for me (unless I'm using a male body)

51743134597_0b475dcb29_b.jpg

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

If rezzing is an issue don't forget "show friends only" and that will cut out most of the issues.   

I never use that feature. I want to see what people do with their avatars.  I hate to think people spends hundreds of SL Lindens making their idea of a perfect ava and no one sees them.  I did not derender or adjust my settings at all and I blew through the list in 10 minutes.  For the most part the participants make it rather easy to find their gifts. I think only 2 were issuing male gifts though, which is sad for you boys.

30 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I think only 2 were issuing male gifts though, which is sad for you boys.

I was surprised there were any at all! But what great quality those are, guys can end up with a really nice looking avatar, between the Lelutka head and the free skins on offer. I know that once the traffic dies down a bit there are a couple of guys on my list that I will be helping to get a new look. In the mean time, I am really enjoying making over my alts, they are looking great and all pretty different too because there are a number of skins to choose from.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 5:59 PM, Chris Cash said:

This is awesome. Just getting back into SL after many breaks here and there. My AV is over 13 years old. Eek!  And unfortunately don't have the funds to go mesh anytime soon so huge huge shout out to all the creators out there gifting and the community for giving us a heads up that aren't in the know about these types of things. Yall are wonderful. 

I'm not sure of your avatar gender from your post, but if you need a good female mesh body for under $L 200, you're best bet is the Athenae body by LucyBody, on their Midnight Madness board. There is also a BOM applier for sale next to the MM board for $L 197, which is well worth getting. This body is compatible with Maitreya Lara mesh clothes and SLink mesh shoes, so you'll find plenty of clothes to fit it.  If you want a curvier female body, the free eBody Curvy or Legacy''s free female body (fits TMP mesh clothes) are other options. If you're willing to spend $L 1250, Belleza's mesh bodies are still on sale too. Isis is similar in shape to Maitreya, but really only fits Belleza Isis mesh clothes. Freya is a curvier shape with more clothes made for it than for Isis or Venus. Venus is their older shape, which is not well supported. 

For guys looking for a free body, the best choice is Legacy's free male body (fits TMP mesh clothes). For a guy willing to spend a little money, your best best is the Belleza Jake body for $L 1500 on sale. This body, along with Signature Gianni and the not free Legacy male body have the most mesh clothes made for them. Belleza Jake is made to fit LeLutka mesh heads, but does not currently adjust the neck size well for other mesh heads. It does not usually show a neck seam with a LeLutka head, but this can depend on which skin you're using or certain HUD settings you have in place.

My guy alt Evan wearing the Logan Head and a 7DS Sven skin.  - Alycia wearing the Kaya head and a 7DS Alexia skin.

1939979316_Evan-LeLLoganHeadBellezaAshtonskikn-12-12-2021_005.thumb.jpg.e0d353f43d4c146ca8955d2286799a73.jpg868255767_Alycia-KayaEvoXheadAlexia7DSskin-Dec_2021.thumb.jpg.f3cad91920ea5c1ac59122d6743956b7.jpg

Edited by Persephone Emerald
to change picture
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I got it and tried it, but as with every other Lelutka head demo I've tried, I just can't get a "me" shape with it. Usually it's the mouth but this time it's the eyes. They're to big top to bottom and not big enough side to side, and the sliders don't fix it adequately. And the overall look, makes me look like I'm about twelve.

The male head on the other hand is lovely, and I can get "me" with that one. It's a pity it doesn't come with dual neck fits like Catwa did with Freya. I'd love to be able to wear Logan on a female body.

Lovely heads both but sorry, still loyal to Catwa for me (unless I'm using a male body)

51743134597_0b475dcb29_b.jpg

That's a great-looking avatar.  😉

If you want to wear the same head on either a male of female body, the LeLutka River head has both a female and a male version included for the same price. I got River for a female head because it most looked like a younger RL me. (Note: these heads can be modified greatly with shape sliders, but the shape of the nose and lips can't change very much, so pick the head that best matches the nose and lips you want.)

672617577_PersephonewithglassesLeLutkaRiverHead.jpg.95f226a03887a38a08f3b846fb8698ac.jpg

My look with the River head.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

That's a great-looking avatar.  😉

If you want to wear the same head on either a male of female body, the LeLutka River head has both a female and a male version included for the same price. I got River for a female head because it most looked like a younger RL me. (Note: these heads can be modified greatly with shape sliders, but the shape of the nose and lips can't change very much, so pick the head that best matches the nose and lips you want.)

Thanks. I've tried River before and unfortunately the mouth shape is all wrong for me. My main issue with it (and I have the same issue with the unisex heads from Catwa) is that they are feminine faces with both neck fits. They're great for people who want a feminine face while using a male body. What I really want is a masculine face with both neck fits, and no-one has made a head like that yet.  I can get sort-of there by adjusting jaw shape etc, but no closer than I can get with a regular female head like Catwa Queen or Margeaux. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 846 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.