Got evicted from my own apartment by some trolls?

LilNosferatu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Idk, they just popped in out of nowhere with obnoxious gestures and said they were taking over. I thought they were just trolling and found the landmark somewhere, but then they went to the rental box and forced me out? Never had that happen before, didn't even know they could do that. xD

So what should I do? Try and contact the rental people? Can they actually do anything about it or can I just wait for them to leave eventually?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

they went to the rental box and forced me out

How could they force you out?  There's nothing they can do to you physically.  If your name is in the rent box, I don't see how they can change that. Contact the landlord. Oh, and submit ARs.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

How could they force you out?  There's nothing they can do to you physically.  If your name is in the rent box, I don't see how they can change that. Contact the landlord. Oh, and submit ARs.

I have no idea how they did it? They came in saying "we rented this dude its ours now lololol" so I was just like, haha very funny ^_^;; but then they went to the rental box and suddenly my avatar is like thrown across the world? But yeah I just sent a notecard to the rental office staff.

And... how do you submit ARs? @_@ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

In your viewer's Help menu, select Report Abuse

Alright, just found it and filled it out! Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was actually reportable or not. ^_^;; But I'm pretty sure that could constitute as harassment.

• Like 1

Well, luckily one of the landlords was online and got things fixed? For now at least? I should probably figure out how to use the security system on this thing. xD

7 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Sounds like some rogue Lindens in their alts having a laugh. Seriously this is some powerfull griefing unless it's the Landlords alt.

I honestly have no idea lmao. I just got a new bento head and skin applier so I was naked and headless in my room, it gave me a good laugh until I was shot into the sky like a ragdoll, then I was just... confused. 🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Sounds like some rogue Lindens in their alts having a laugh. Seriously this is some powerfull griefing unless it's the Landlords alt.

No. It sounds like someone who was already in the same rental land group using their limited land group abilities to add the previous tenant to the banlist and/or return public rezzed objects on the parcel.

You get this sometimes with land rental groups that do not use a group per tenant and instead, use an umbrella group for each and every parcel and good faith that everyone will abide by the rental terms and not go rogue and crap on everyone in the group and the parcels they rent.

Stacked rental regions are where this is abused a lot for other reasons, particularly prim usage.

• Like 7

I like how mine is set up at Skybeam..I'm sure it's the same in many places..

You buy the land and get owners privies over the parcel. Then the money you spend to buy the land, they give back by putting the buy fee towards the first week's tier..

it's pretty much buying land but going through an estate owner rather than LL.

So if someone goes messing with the boxes, which are on a different sim. They can't mess with the land  and permissions because the boxes don't control who's is owner on the land..

I've lived most of my SL where I am, other than my sims I had for a bit.. So I don't know how it works in many other places..

Well, I did have the first place I lived when I first came to SL, which was a place on mainland that I rented that had  the limited group abilities.. There was always someone messing around and  remember always  having to ask someone else to work it out or for some sort of help when there were any sort of problems.. hehehe

If someone comes on my land where I am now, I can get Super Saiyan on them.. hehehe

Honestly, I would look for a place where you have owner privies on the parcel.. It sounds like you are limited to what you can do there..

If they would have showed up on my land saying what they were, They would have found themselves shoved to the core of the grid looking at each other like, bro she crushed your avatar!! omg bro, she crushed you too too!!.. How we gonna get outta here?

hehehehe

Kidding, I would just eject and ban them from the land, which you can do with owner privies..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, LilNosferatu said:

but then they went to the rental box and suddenly my avatar is like thrown across the world?

That sounds more like they just pushed you with a script.

In confrontations such as those, stay seated on anything convenient. A seated avatar can't be pushed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

sn't it because they just attacked you with a hud? What permissions do you give to others? Do you allow everyone to rez items in your home?

If they are already wearing the Hud when they enter the parcel they don't need permission. You can turn off things like all residents run scripts but there are methods to keep AOs and Huds running even in such conditions. Stay seated all the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

If they are already wearing the Hud when they enter the parcel they don't need permission. You can turn off things like all residents run scripts but there are methods to keep AOs and Huds running even in such conditions. Stay seated all the time.

agreed.gif

1 hour ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

That sounds more like they just pushed you with a script.

In confrontations such as those, stay seated on anything convenient. A seated avatar can't be pushed.

Oooooh this makes sense. I didn't even know you could do that with scripts, so it's good to know sitting on something will prevent it from happening again! 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Oooooh this makes sense. I didn't even know you could do that with scripts, so it's good to know sitting on something will prevent it from happening again! 😅

If you need a bodyguard just let me know because my alt has a lot of fun de-atomizing the kind of fools who have fun that way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

If you need a bodyguard just let me know because my alt has a lot of fun de-atomizing the kind of fools who have fun that way.

😆 Hopefully it won't be a recurring experience, but I'll let you know if it does! We can team up and fight them. 🤼‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Does staying seated also prevent a security orb from being able to kick someone?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Does staying seated also prevent a security orb from being able to kick someone?

I think a good complaint + report requesting bans from those terrorists (if she remembers the names) to the landowner is enough.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Oooooh this makes sense. I didn't even know you could do that with scripts, so it's good to know sitting on something will prevent it from happening again! 

Did you simply get thrown across the region, or did you see a blue popup or get a text message saying you were getting ejected?

For future reference, look under "help" for "Bumps pushes and hits and see if t reports anybody pushing you.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I think a good complaint + report requesting bans from those terrorists (if she remembers the names) to the landowner is enough.

Yep! I sent the landlord the names of the people (they were still spamming my DMs afterwards with goofy messages) and they got banned. 🤣 Guess they'll have to find a different place to go bug people for fun.

4 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Did you simply get thrown across the region, or did you see a blue popup or get a text message saying you were getting ejected?

For future reference, look under "help" for "Bumps pushes and hits and see if t reports anybody pushing you.

There were no popups, I was just kind of slung up into the sky so I tp'd away to another area to figure out wtf just happened. 😅 I don't think I've ever been properly ejected from anywhere so I didn't know if it was some kind of security feature or what really caused me to be thrown out. And oh, I didn't even know it kept track of people who bump/push you! I'll check that if it ever happens again, lol. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, LilNosferatu said:

Yep! I sent the landlord the names of the people (they were still spamming my DMs afterwards with goofy messages) and they got banned. 🤣 Guess they'll have to find a different place to go bug people for fun.

There were no popups, I was just kind of slung up into the sky so I tp'd away to another area to figure out wtf just happened. 😅 I don't think I've ever been properly ejected from anywhere so I didn't know if it was some kind of security feature or what really caused me to be thrown out. And oh, I didn't even know it kept track of people who bump/push you! I'll check that if it ever happens again, lol. 

It sounds like they used a weapons HUD of some kind. My ex used to love these devices, usually testing them on me! Features included orbiting, which he did to me and any unwelcome intruders on his land, so it had it's uses, but it could also be used for popping a cage round people too, which got him permanently banned from Caletta railways ! 

I'm glad you were not traumatised by this experienced and was able to laugh about it, but no one has the right to try to spoil anyone else's enjoyment of Second Life, so they deserved a ban. There is a time and a place for that kind of malarkey :D and there is, I am sure, still a weapons testing sandbox for them to play in.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1019 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.