Profile indicates Premium membership

pri Darkfold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't see how it would be bad to want to brag about being an premium member in second life, I have been an active member of the community for 13 years now and I think it would be cool to show off that I not only love second life but i also support it by being an premium member.😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pri Darkfold said:

As a premium member I think there should be something in the avatar's profile that indicates he's a premium member. That way it looks more cooler for the players and gets more premium members for second life.

I'm not currently a premium member. 

When I was a premium member I was no more or less 'cool' than I am now. 

I am not cool.

I don't want to be cool.

Define cool.

Anyone who knows (of) me in Second Life knows how much I support Second Life, premium member or not. I add to the economy and I occasionally get the street lights fixed when they conk out, but I support Second Life and all who sail in her.

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 5

What I think is cool might not be cool for others I totally understand that, While there's most platforms out there which give only limited content to not subscribed members. Second life lets everyone enjoy this open world platform the same way which in itself is a huge thing to consider. We all know being an premium member in second life is not an necessity and you can support second life in other ways I am sure. I just think subscribed members should have more recognition or at least have the option to have it displayed in their in-world profiles if they wish to.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

How about NO?  The fact that all.of SL can know you have payment info is bad enough and also unnecessary info to the general public.  Same with premium membership.  There is NO reason anyone needs that information.  Why would or should LL bother themselves with implementing something that would, in reality, just divide the community?  

It would end up being used to exclude people from regions.  Or is that your intent?  I see no other reason for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, pri Darkfold said:

What I think is cool might not be cool for others I totally understand that, While there's most platforms out there which give only limited content to not subscribed members. Second life lets everyone enjoy this open world platform the same way which in itself is a huge thing to consider. We all know being an premium member in second life is not an necessity and you can support second life in other ways I am sure. I just think subscribed members should have more recognition or at least have the option to have it displayed in their in-world profiles if they wish to.

A bit like a prefect badge when we were at school then.

But that wasn't cool either.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

How about NO?  The fact that all.of SL can know you have payment info is bad enough and also unnecessary info to the general public.  Same with premium membership.  There is NO reason anyone needs that information.  Why would or should LL bother themselves with implementing something that would, in reality, just divide the community?  

It would end up being used to exclude people from regions.  Or is that your intent?  I see no other reason for it.

To an certain extent I see your point and no my intent is not to divide the community and will never be. Although if its used to exclude people from regions that's the person who own's the region to decide, Not you or me. People can excluded each other for various other reasons. I am not really seeking approval here but only pointing out something I would like. There are a lot of things in the world which can be used the wrong way if that is the first thing you see that is what will happen. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

A bit like a prefect badge when we were at school then.

But that wasn't cool either.

Yes no one is perfect, but there were still perfect badges in school. Makes the child wearing it feel a little bit more special. I say don't wear your badge if its not cool for you. 😏

Just now, pri Darkfold said:

To an certain extent I see your point and no my intent is not to divide the community and will never be. Although if its used to exclude people from regions that's the person who own's the region to decide, Not you or me. People can excluded each other for various other reasons. I am not really seeking approval here but only pointing out something I would like. There are a lot of things in the world which can be used the wrong way if that is the first thing you see that is what will happen. 

As we've all seen and encountered at some point, SL.or RL, when given a choice, a.lot of people choose the wrong thing.  Enabling yet another way for them to.do so is not a good idea.  Just add PREMIUM MEMBER (all caps and in red if possible) to your front page.

With that said somewhat tongue in cheek, you can always file a feature request on the Jira.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a way to have this feature implemented that would make everyone happy. Have it voluntary to show on your profile or not.  If you like it great, if not then don't choose to show it. 

I know The Sims Online gave trophy's' to be able to display in your home for the number of years you were there. TBH, a lot of platforms and games have this ability, rather it be a badge on their profile or something they could display IW.  Didn't they have Christmas bears they handed out.

I mean...remember when everyone FREAKED out when they thought their forum post count was removed. mhm, yeah.

I think it's a great idea for those that want it. That's why they are called suggestions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

There is a way to have this feature implemented that would make everyone happy. Have it voluntary to show on your profile or not.  If you like it great, if not then don't choose to show it. 

I know The Sims Online gave trophy's' to be able to display in your home for the number of years you were there. TBH, a lot of platforms and games have this ability, rather it be a badge on their profile or something they could display IW.  Didn't they have Christmas bears they handed out.

I mean...remember when everyone FREAKED out when they thought their forum post count was removed. mhm, yeah.

I think it's a great idea for those that want it. That's why they are called suggestions.

I have played sims my entire life!. 😄 So yes I know exactly what your talking about. That is all I am trying to suggest here glad you get my point. 

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Badges for accomplishments are one thing and perhaps, not a bad idea.  Visit 100 regions, build something, start a group, etc.  I think @Coffee Pancakebrought up some good ideas about that awhile back.  Payment info and premium status are not accomplishments and pasting that info onto your profile serves no useful purpose, IMO.  Financial matters should remain between the resident and LL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If LL were to start tinkering with profiles (and I think there are way more important things for them to be working on), I'd rather they work on the possibility of making it where one can have more than one partner. This is a request that has been made many times, and I think the idea to be more inclusive of poly and other multi-person relationships is a higher priority than Sims badges showing our financial status to everyone. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If LL were to start tinkering with profiles (and I think there are way more important things for them to be working on), I'd rather they work on the possibility of making it where one can have more than one partner. This is a request that has been made many times, and I think the idea to be more inclusive of poly and other multi-person relationships is a higher priority than Sims badges showing our financial status to everyone. 

Totally agree with the more than one partner box and also maybe the option to call it something other than a "partner".  

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

A bit like a prefect badge

i would like badged for totals ...
I'm not premium, but 2 alts are ..2 star for that? :)
or. better... more stipend like groupland..+ 10 %?

but in general.. lets not do badges
and premium members, basics .. contribute all,
what's better ?.. a basic that owns a region, build on development/ being a great creator, or a premium sitting in their linden home, living on their stipend?

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If multiple partners was ONLY a Premium Plus perk, would you indulge?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.