Good SIMS to set up shop?

Youngin Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Youngin Bing said:

Hi everyone,

i am curious to find out if anyone knows of any good places that have available shops for rent. Looking for real traffic and prefer a place that doesn’t revolve around a club. 

join events, if your items attrack people it doesnt matter where your inworld shop is.
You can rent at a high traffic region.. but if your items don't attrackt people you put your rent in the drain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was renting at a business park for a while but the rent has now got more expensive and the shop space made so much smaller also. I was spending 50L a week for a nice 100 prim store but the building swapped and space made much smaller now and expected to pay 80L$ a week for an extremely tiny space. I was going to write a forum post myself asking if anyone knows any good places that rent out nice sized shop spaces as i am now in need of a new shop space aswell. If anyone knows of any good sims renting out shops do let us know. I too i am hoping to find a new place to set up an inworld store now. I was renting at 1 place for months but now I won't be able to stay there as the space has been made even more expensive and too small.

Edited by Robotshaz

20 minutes ago, Robotshaz said:

I was renting at a business park for a while but the rent has now got more expensive and the shop space made so much smaller also. I was spending 50L a week for a nice 100 prim store but the building swapped and space made much smaller now and expected to pay 80L$ a week for an extremely tiny space. I was going to write a forum post myself asking if anyone knows any good places that rent out nice sized shop spaces as i am now in need of a new shop space aswell. If anyone knows of any good sims renting out shops do let us know. I too i am hoping to find a new place to set up an inworld store now. I was renting at 1 place for months but now I won't be able to stay there as the space has been made even more expensive and too small.

What is the traffic at your store?
(no, not the region where you rent, but really your store)

You don't have to tell me, or in public, but if your store isn't able to give a revenue of 80 L$ a marketplace representation might be the first ( and only) to aim at, and if that looks like people want your items, rent a small mainland parcel.
The same as in the first post: if your items aren't wanted, you can rent even a full high traffic region, but will still not sell.

• Like 2

I was barely getting anyone drop in. I was renting for nearly 2 years. People were more focused on the fishing it seemed. It is fish hunt HQ. It tends to have a lot of people fishing there but people didn't seem to be interested in the shop. I would see maybe 1 or 2 people go in but only for gifts I had out in there. I did enjoy being there but like I say the space has now been made smaller twice now and there isn't enough room to put much out at all. I do also have a marketplace store aswell. I tend to do ok on marketplace from time to time but it has been very rare to make a sale inworld.

28 minutes ago, Robotshaz said:

I was barely getting anyone drop in. I was renting for nearly 2 years. People were more focused on the fishing it seemed. It is fish hunt HQ. It tends to have a lot of people fishing there but people didn't seem to be interested in the shop. I would see maybe 1 or 2 people go in but only for gifts I had out in there. I did enjoy being there but like I say the space has now been made smaller twice now and there isn't enough room to put much out at all. I do also have a marketplace store aswell. I tend to do ok on marketplace from time to time but it has been very rare to make a sale inworld.

If you do ok on the marketplace, the best thing to do is rent a small parcel on mainland as @Alwin Alcottmentioned and put your shop in a skybox and have the link to it on your MP page..  I often use the MP link to inworld store.  As a shopper, I do that more often then wander around some shopping mall type place.   Also be sure to include the LM with all MP purchases.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

What is the traffic at your store?
(no, not the region where you rent, but really your store)

You don't have to tell me, or in public, but if your store isn't able to give a revenue of 80 L$ a marketplace representation might be the first ( and only) to aim at, and if that looks like people want your items, rent a small mainland parcel.
The same as in the first post: if your items aren't wanted, you can rent even a full high traffic region, but will still not sell.

Ok I will look for a parcel or a place on mainland like you say and do that. Thanks very much.

17 hours ago, Youngin Bing said:

Do you recommend advertising on MP? I have been doing so but on a specific category and i do the L$539 every 15 days and within those two weeks, id make around 4-6K, is that worth it or have any tips?

Are you advertising your items anywhere else? I know Flickr is used by a large portion of the SL community and is pretty active, you could maybe make a SL-related account and follow a bunch of shops and SL people, then post images of your items with links back to your MP. I know I tried it last year when I first started and got my first few sales that way! ^^ If you're good with social media, there's also Twitter and Instagram as well, I'm just not sure how big or active the SL community is on those but with the right tags it could still help your marketing reach more people! 😄

And there's also always those rental ad boards in-world! Even in busy, high-traffic areas I always see a few spots open, so maybe you could rent out a couple of those for your MP and see if you get any noticeable increase in sales?

20 hours ago, Youngin Bing said:

Do you recommend advertising on MP? I have been doing so but on a specific category and i do the L$539 every 15 days and within those two weeks, id make around 4-6K, is that worth it or have any tips?

When you get your in world store, you can also advertise your new releases for free here. They don't take marketplace listings though. https://www.seraphimsl.com/apply-for-coverage/

I have an in-world store and a marketplace store. I don't use any listing enhancements on the marketplace. My sales are split 50/50 marketplace/in-world so it is definitely worth having a presence both places. I get most of my in-world store traffic through search-places or by people coming from the marketplace because I am just on a random mainland parcel. I have used malls, no sales. Better to have your own parcel because then you can control keywords for search.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 859 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.