Can one actually Chat with a LIVE Person anymore?

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When the forums went bonkers earlier today, I initially tried Live Chat.  Heck, I am a Premium member and that is supposed to be one of my benefits.  However, that thing seems to be eternally stuck in Bot Suggestion hell.   No matter what I entered or did, I could not get past the automated suggestions coming up from what I was typing.

So, my question is:  Do real live people actually work Chat anymore?  Has anyone chatted with a real person lately?  If so, how the heck did you get to them? 

@LittleMe Jewell:That was on the point of making me scream when I realised that if you didn't like the bot response the options offered and entered "no", you were then offered a "talk with an Agent" option.  That got me to a real (I think) person who was then able to deal with my enquiry.  Next time you try it, make sure that you reject Boxy3000's entreaties (which are mostly worse than useless).

So look for the "talk with an agent" option if you tell Boxy that their responses are useless.  It works for me.

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahh - just went back to Live Chat.  I made the mistake of not clicking the top "Live Chat Support" box -- though it was just a heading.  I clicked 'Show more categories' under the FAQ section and that is where you end up in the bot hell and cannot get anywhere without restarting Live Chat all over.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

That's like an anti-captcha format, computers are good at mazes, humans, not so much unless they adopt computer-like heuristics (left-wall works pretty well for most mazes)

Not that kinda maze.  The maze that is finding the right path of links to get around the chatbot

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When the forums went bonkers earlier today, I initially tried Live Chat.  Heck, I am a Premium member and that is supposed to be one of my benefits.  However, that thing seems to be eternally stuck in Bot Suggestion hell.   No matter what I entered or did, I could not get past the automated suggestions coming up from what I was typing.

So, my question is:  Do real live people actually work Chat anymore?  Has anyone chatted with a real person lately?  If so, how the heck did you get to them? 

that's what companies call "user experience impovement"

or.. how do we get people so annoyed by this stuff they give up and never try again to contact us while they pay their subscription as fa possible upfront.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

On 12/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, Aishagain said:

@LittleMe Jewell:That was on the point of making me scream when I realised that if you didn't like the bot response the options offered and entered "no", you were then offered a "talk with an Agent" option.  That got me to a real (I think) person who was then able to deal with my enquiry.  Next time you try it, make sure that you reject Boxy3000's entreaties (which are mostly worse than useless).

So look for the "talk with an agent" option if you tell Boxy that their responses are useless.  It works for me.

I happened to read this thread yesterday and then needed to contact Live Chat this morning, so I had this post in mind when Boxy appeared. I told him "NO" and he buggered right off, just as you said. A very helpful Linden appeared in his place and solved my issue very quickly. 👍

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.