Vehicle heading alters when entering and leaving mouselook

Johannus Baroque

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a mystery that I've tried to solve myself and am so far unable to.

When entering and leaving mouse look in an SL ground vehicle, the vehicle "jinks" to the left.  The amount is quite large (up to 90 degrees) when I'm early in my trip, but a lot smaller once I've been riding for a while.  This doesn't happen when I'm walking around normally, only when operating certain vehicles that allow you to steer using mouselook.  If I can't steer with the mouse in mouselook, but can only look around, then the problem doesn't occur.

I know that this occurs with vehicles using the ACS scripts, both v6.02 and v7.02, but I can't see it being the scripts as something like this would surely have been reported and fixed?  If I use a non ACS bike demo (e.g. from JFC) this doesn't happen with that.

I'm using Ubuntu Linux 20.04, my viewer is Firestorm 6.4.21 (64531) Jul 21 2021 21:57:13 (64bit / SSE2) (Firestorm-Release).   I've tried altering camera and control settings in the viewer, but I don't seem to be making any headway. Can anybody offer any guidance please?

Thanks,

Joh.

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the information!  It isn't the best mechanic, but your answer gave me an idea, which has led me to a partial workaround for the problem.

Before starting the bike, I go into mouselook and make sure that the mouselook camera is aligned with the front of the bike.  I then have to come out of mouselook to start the bike, but when I go back into mouselook it stays straight.  The jink when coming out of mouselook after a ride is still there, but I think I might be able to reduce that by increasing the gravity setting of the bike.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.