"Forum Threads": wrong link

Irene Muni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Irene Muni wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

...how do you find these things...

Usually I navigate the forums with that "Recently created" menu. It's easier for me, I don't need open each one of the subforums
:)

Ahh that explains how you found your party before I finished baking the cake hehe

I think I`ll give them a try, I used to use the all topics page that covers all the forums, but now it also includes Answers so the forum stuff gets pushed off the page too fast. I`ve been looking for a better way to find things. Thanks :)

Good find, Irene!

Since I discovered the Recently created menu, I've been using Community Posts almost exclusively. It give you all new posts in any of the sections - threads started, replies to posts, new Answers, Replies to answers, Comments on answers, Comments in the Knowledge base. Everything, in short. It's like a one-stop-shop for everything in the community.

- Luc -

• 2 weeks later...

Lexie, that's not the only one that's wrong.

The "Forum Posts" links to...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/Forums/post-type/thread

which should actually be the "Forum Threads" link.

"Forum Posts" should link to...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/category-id/Forums/post-type/message

Hope this helps... Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Lexie, that's not the only one that's wrong.

The "Forum Posts" links to...

which should actually be the "Forum Threads" link.

"Forum Posts" should link to...

Hope this helps... Dres

Thank you!!  It should be right now.  Let me know if it is not working correctly.  

The forum posts link is correct now but the forum threads link still leads to answer threads. One out of two is only half bad (sorry Meatloaf).

Oh and while I have your attention... here's what I mean when I say the inserted pics are out of alignment. nuts.gifThey float above the sentence the way smilies did after the new ones were added.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

The forum posts link is correct now but the forum threads link still leads to answer threads. One out of two is only half bad (sorry Meatloaf).

Oh and while I have your attention... here's what I mean when I say the inserted pics are out of alignment.
nuts.gif
They float above the sentence the way smilies did after the new ones were added.

...Dres

ok, THIS time the links should be fixed.  :smileytongue:  I do see what you mean about the image alignment too. 

I was unclear. When I said 'normal' images, I thought of photos, screenshots and so on - pictures that are not usually one line in height. While with 'smiley images', I was thinking of embedded images in the form of the (not always) one line high smileys that we add to our image library and add to posts. While the latter looked weird when they hovered above the line - which was fixed today, the other images might need some air around them to fit well with the text.

I hope I managed to be more clear this time :). It was just a thought. Perhaps it won't be an issue.

- Luc -

Though the pic I included to give an example to Lexie was of a smiley, it was actually a pic of a smiley that I'd uploaded. Whether the images are one line in height or not they were still offset... now they're not.

I don't know what you mean by "air around them"... hopefully, as you said, it won't be an issue. But if you think that it might, just go back and look at some that have been posted... the alignment isn't just applied to new posts, it effects posts that have already been made as well. Seems fine to me.

...Dres

I won't go on about this anymore :o I had a thought of something that probably is not an issue. Things seem fine, so I'll leave it. What you gave as an example is the kind of smiley image I was thinking of, though. Offset is gone, as you say. 

I'll go away now. :)

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.