Great problems with avatar rezzing

ethernauta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a big problem with my av: for two days now I look like a cloud with only a few details visible and with two huds that I had before the accident and that do not appear in the list of wearing things. I can't wear or take off anything, or rather, if I wear something I see it in the list of wearing things and if I take it off it disappears, as if everything worked fine, but my appearance doesn't change, I remain a cloud and the two huds remain there. This happens with all the viewers I use. I've done numerous attempts (reset to default avatar, clear cache, uninstall and reinstall all viewers one at a time, rebacke, take of all items, undeform, and many other trials) but nothing happens. With my alts everything works perfectly. Can you please reset my avatar if it is possible? thank you

This is one of those problems where clearing cache often makes the problem worse. Years ago clearing cache was the solution for many problems and lots of that advice still floats around. BUT... the caching system has been re-worked several times and the delivery protocol changed to an error correcting system. Cache corruption is very rare. Avoid clearing your cache until you KNOW it is a cache problem.

Your next step is usually to try using the Character Test... top menu->Developer (Ctrl-Alt-Q if not showing)->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Female/Male

You can also change Outfits using the 'Replace' option, which is almost as good as a Character Tests change. The idea is to flush the Current Outfit folder server side.

If those fail, use a different viewer.

Since you have tried those steps, you need to file a Support Trouble Ticket. Explain what you have here. This forum is a user-to-user forum and only occasionally do Lindens read parts of the forum. You'll find the link to Support at the bottom of most SL website pages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 842 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.