Dec 6th Update broke viewers?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to get answers all day.  It seems this mornings update caused several mobile clients to fail.  Including the much beloved Lumiya.  Is there any word on what caused it.  Or on a fix incoming?

Ive been concerned for years now that LL would eventually break support for the viewer and leave us with the sub par alternatives and cash grabs that remain.  Just hoping that day isnt today.  5 years without support and its still the best option out there.

Edited by Zia Underwood
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Zia Underwood said:

I have been trying to get answers all day.  It seems this mornings update caused several mobile clients to fail.  Including the much beloved Lumiya.  Is there any word on what caused it.  Or on a fix incoming?

Ive been concerned for years now that LL would eventually break support for the viewer and leave us with the sub par alternatives and cash grabs that remain.  Just hoping that day isnt today.  5 years without support and its still the best option out there.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-231530

Would have been great if they could have created an incident report.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

my  Lumiya is borked too, which is a shame, I use it a lot but I can't be bothered to pay for any other. In fact I put off upgrading my 4 yr old Android phone so I still could use it. I hope LL comes out with a app soon, I find I really need it to check on offlines etc while  at work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gem Oxygen said:

my  Lumiya is borked too, which is a shame, I use it a lot but I can't be bothered to pay for any other. In fact I put off upgrading my 4 yr old Android phone so I still could use it. I hope LL comes out with a app soon, I find I really need it to check on offlines etc while  at work.

repack the apk and pass it to your new phone.   i moved it from a galaxy note 5 to a galaxy note 20 ultra and it still works

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Cinder Roxley has  updated Radegast to work with the 'malfunction'. 2.3.7 needs to be downloaded:-

https://radegast.life/

That's great though worrying from the perspective of the Lab potentially relying on maintained TPV viewers updating their code to allow logins, rather than reverting/fixing the server code for backward compatibility. Crossing fingers they do not leave it at that and thereby freeze Lumiya out from logins as there would be no hope for a viewer side fix.

Well it didn't "break" every 3rd party client / bot software but it looks like it did affect plenty.

(especially when it comes to BOTS many of those are now offline.. but not all. still most of the AFK sex places are crowded with  AFK dolls but on the other hand stores/rentals/clubs etc that use bots to manipulate traffic indicator now are empty.. 27 thousands logged in hmm...)

signups_updated_slt
2020-09-08 15:55:01
signups_updated_unix
signups
exchange_rate_updated_slt
2021-12-07 07:00:01
exchange_rate_updated_unix
exchange_rate
inworld_updated_unix
inworld_updated_slt
2021-12-07 07:07:19
inworld
Edited by Nick0678
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

inworld_updated_slt 2021-12-07 07:07:19 inworld 26857

WOW! That's a very telling statistic! At least I think it is.

The Radegast update is a temporary fix to get it logging agents in again. But it was Cinder Roxley (the current Radegast 'team') who explained what caused the problem. Minutes ago, Monty Linden posted in the jira:-

Speaking for myself, the 'home' element should not have had its type changed.  We're still
lining up our ducks but expect updates to login.  My hope is that we'll revert its definition.
More details as plans firm up.

So it's likely that there'll be another update to Radegast when LL have sorted it out. But I think it's unlikely that LL's fix will cause the same problems.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Nick0678 said:

(especially when it comes to BOTS many of those are now offline.. but not all. still most of the AFK sex places are crowded with  AFK dolls but on the other hand stores/rentals/clubs etc that use bots to manipulate traffic indicator now are empty.. 27 thousands logged in hmm...)

I don't know but I assume many AFK slex places don't use bots. Why shold they? Just log on an alt or ten and park them on some furniture with couple animations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

I don't know but I assume many AFK slex places don't use bots. Why shold they? Just log on an alt or ten and park them on some furniture with couple animations.

huh.   that's not how the population counts works.   If a sim reads 27000 it doesnt mean 27000 unique logins during that cycle since anyone that remains in place on a sim for over 5 mins gets counted and than counted again at some tick rate.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zia Underwood said:

huh.   that's not how the population counts works.   If a sim reads 27000 it doesnt mean 27000 unique logins during that cycle since anyone that remains in place on a sim for over 5 mins gets counted and than counted again at some tick rate.

Yes but we're not talking about the sim traffic count here. It's the number of accounts logged on across the grid at any given time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Will have to see what is normal for around the time the count was:

2021-12-07 07:07:19
inworld

You can check on one of them many sites that keep track of it. For example: https://agni.secondlife.softhyena.com//stats

If compare Tuesdays, then it was only a bit lower for max concurrent number, and 3.5k lower for the lowest one compared to last week's.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.