New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think these might be the kind of homes that grow on you over time. Once people put in their own garden decor and pretty it up a bit. Plus they are a work in progress -it's a demo region so it might well look a bit different when it's released. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people who love it (and leave their Stilts for me mwahahah)...

• Like 7

Not thrilled about these and won't be making my alt premium for them. I was hoping the modern theme would be mountain homes but the flat landscape is uninspiring.

Definitely do not like how the parcels are adjacent to one another with no easement between them.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

There will be color options... they are just not on display because the houses aren't completed or scripted yet and are all Work In Progress

Didn't mean to sound unappreciative, you guys do great work!!  Do like the choice of different size lots in one region :P

• Like 7

• Moles
1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

it's a demo region so it might well look a bit different when it's released. 

The houses themselves are still in progress, but the rest of what you see is a copy of an actual complete and finished region.

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

Definitely do not like how the parcels are adjacent to one another with no easement between them.

There is always space between parcels. Bellisseria parcels are never adjoining one another. They aren't always obvious, but if you turn on Show Parcel Lines you will see them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Just to remind everyone of what the old-style neighborhood looked like.  It is an update.  The houses are very similar both being boxy with a flat roof. Lots of people were screaming for an updated Meadowbrook and that's exactly what this is, but more space between houses, choice of parcel size, color choices and house style choices , and now with roads and pools.

loggy_003.jpg

loggy_002.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Just to remind everyone of what the old-style neighborhood looked like.  It is an update.  The houses are very similar both being boxy with a flat roof. Lots of people were screaming for an updated Meadowbrook and that's exactly what this is, but more space between houses, choice of parcel size, color choices and house style choices , and now with roads and pools.

loggy_003.jpg

loggy_002.jpg

I think what a lot of people liked about the Meadowbrook was the faux Frank Lloyd Wright stone siding. And the "updated" version doesn't have that at all. But someone can start a brisk business in making them as add-ons.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

The houses themselves are still in progress, but the rest of what you see is a copy of an actual complete and finished region.

There is always space between parcels. Bellisseria parcels are never adjoining one another. They aren't always obvious, but if you turn on Show Parcel Lines you will see them. 

Plus there are fences. Second Life residents LOVE fences.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Plus there are fences. Second Life residents LOVE fences.

Yes, they do!  It is a nice neighborhood that may take some time to get used to, but I have no doubt that creative residents will make something amazing with their parcels.  I might even try a small parcel once just for the experience and the challenge.

• Like 3

The homes have really nice exteriors, and interior layouts are some of the best I've seen in Linden Homes. Frustratingly, the interior woodworking (moulding, stair railing) is the usual traditional style--it needs to be more simple and streamlined to fit more appropriately with a modern theme.

The homes feel very close together and the landscaping is very sparse, making it feel a bit too ticky-tacky "Little Boxes", unfortunately. There are ways to incorporate more lush landscape coverage and screening that still works with a modern theme.

Overall, the houses themselves are really quite nice, but the sparse landscaping and close-quarters placement of the homes doesn't feel very good. I hope some tweaks can happen to make the overall feel of the neighborhoods more special and private.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

But everyone wanted "modern" and they wanted "pools" and now they have them. It probably wasn't feasible to put a pool in every back yard so they made public ones. 

It's the styling. 

There is none. Nothing that would make me want to hang out there.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Well, be careful what you wish for...

Trust me...I never wished for this.  How is this modern? How many houses do you know that have totally flat roofs and are square? They simply are ugly. I never liked the Meadowbrook to begin with. 

• Like 5

Well, I have been waiting for the Meadowbrooke 2.0.  I loved the old Meadowbrooke.  It was my first Linden Home.  I am itching to get my hands on one and furnish it with all the modern stuff I have been collecting.  I will let go a very pretty Victorian surrounded by water on 2 sides and spin the wheel to get a Newbrooke on a nice parcel.  It may take sometime but I am a patient woman.

• Like 19

5 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I really like the style of these houses, but would like more colour too.  Is there scope for that in the letterboxes I wonder? 

From Bellisseria chat:

[14:38] Patch Linden: Remember this demo region is a sliver of what's to come and never a full representation of the finished production regions
[14:39] Patch Linden: Exteriors will have color, trim type and other options, interior walls will also be like others with customization capabilities

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

• Moles
5 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

So question to the Lindens and Moles following this topic...

30 homes per region is that going to be the average for this theme???

Because this theme incorporates 512 and 1024 parcels in the same region, the average will be higher than in most previous themes. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.