New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I kinda love the small parcels especially the Gatewood and Ender models. They are a good balance of only a few rooms to decorate and still getting some yard to play with outside.  Both have walk out roof areas.  I wonder how hard it will be to get a 512 when they are released.  It might be like trying to get a stilt on pier.

If I get one, I might look for a 512 on mainland somewhere to use my tier.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 3

• Moles

This all reminds me of something. When my father was designing the house I grew up in he showed the blueprints to my mother. She said, "I don't like it." He said, "Okay, let me try something else." He went back and came back with another house but had drawn in mullions, a nice detailed door, some curtain's hanging in the windows, added some shading, shingles to the roof, light fixtures, etc. She took one look and said, "Oh! Now, that I like!" It was the exact same design. True story.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 18
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, yestothis said:

I like it even less with the random Easter egg colors 

This is how I feel about chalets, stilts, houseboats, and trads.  Not at all my style.  I tried each of them just for the experience.   The only ones that can even remotely feel like "home" to me are logs, fantasy, and campers.  The Victorians are not bad but are completely dependent and location and I haven't caught a location I like. A container home may never feel like home, but I'm eager to give it a try and see what happens.

I do currently have a trad.  I mostly dislike the actual house, but the location is amazing and unique, so it works out.

• Like 2

Bradbury that white, and a mountainous landscape to compensate for the straight lines of the house, and a beautiful ocean in the backyard would be really unmissable, there are no wooden stairs that go with these houses, and I could also create green roofs with plants awesome to make everything even more organic. If there's a location like this, then I'll definitely have a house like that.

93517183_natal2021Bradibury_002.thumb.jpg.f73281100ffc1ed440c5fc7304a008c0.jpg

2007589683_natal2021Bradibury_003.thumb.jpg.f20189bbb649e78b93137fdb4b7d1769.jpg

561643646_natal2021Bradibury_005.thumb.jpg.33a6ec4113529eb8e6abd3727cd20ecd.jpg

• Like 11

I went back for a second look. The houses I like are only on the 512 small lot with the low prim count of 175. It makes no sense to me why this was done. Why not have all lots at 1024 with a prim count of 351? Other than the campers all regions have lots at 1024 with a 351 prim count.

• Like 1

• Moles
51 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

a mountainous landscape to compensate for the straight lines of the house, and a beautiful ocean in the backyard

That off region mountain and void water is not part of the theme. The demo region is just an example of one region of many. It will have similar ones connected to it, same as always.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I was already sold before the redo. Now, with the colors and textures added, and the nice little window blinds, showing what is possible, I'm really taken with these models. The neighborhood feels very light and clean to me. Love the corner streetlamps. Yeah, I'm giving up my Trad for this for sure.

Edited by Jammy Voxel
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

It really has a much warmer feel now.  Pardon the low graphics, but I wanted to turn up draw distance instead.

354019151_xmassweater_002.thumb.jpg.e4041ab209a3f75d7501bcf59e05216c.jpg

2 hours ago, VaelFaye said:

I'm really liking the new homes. I might have to give up my Trad and try for one of these. 😲

dec_2021_vf_005_001.thumb.jpg.8fc8a4cc6afc9e381c760a94ee7efe19.jpg

I guess some time soon I'll be having one of these ... to match my purple font :) 

At last. I'm home. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

This all reminds me of something. When my father was designing the house I grew up in he showed the blueprints to my mother. She said, "I don't like it." He said, "Okay, let me try something else." He went back and came back with another house but had drawn in mullions, a nice detailed door, some curtain's hanging in the windows, added some shading, shingles to the roof, light fixtures, etc. She took one look and said, "Oh! Now, that I like!" It was the exact same design. True story.

Cosmetics are important.  Sometimes it is really hard to visualize something without them.

52 minutes ago, evan4 said:

I went back for a second look. The houses I like are only on the 512 small lot with the low prim count of 175. It makes no sense to me why this was done. Why not have all lots at 1024 with a prim count of 351? Other than the campers all regions have lots at 1024 with a 351 prim count.

There have been people wanting a 512 size lot with a House rather than a camper.  

When LL bumped Premium Tier from 512 to 1024, many folks kept their old 512 Linden Home and then used the extra tier for a Mainland store.  Those folks will eventually have to give up their old Linden Home and before these homes came along, there only option was a Camper if they didn't want to increase their Tier obligation.

• Like 6

I have not had a chance to go see them inworld at all -- crazy days right now in RL.  However, from all of the latest pictures, I will definitely be trying one of these -- maybe both sized lots even.  My biggest concern, mentioned by Marianne, is decorating options for thinks like kitchens and bathrooms with all of the floor to ceiling windows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have not had a chance to go see them inworld at all -- crazy days right now in RL.  However, from all of the latest pictures, I will definitely be trying one of these -- maybe both sized lots even.  My biggest concern, mentioned by Marianne, is decorating options for thinks like kitchens and bathrooms with all of the floor to ceiling windows.

Some of the home styles have interior walls that do not have windows or doors.  You may have to be creative with upper cabinet placement, but I think it is doable. 

• Like 4

Honestly, I don't know why so many people think modern = living in a square block. That whole thing looks like a mess of jail cells and I LOVE modern living. This is not modern living. That is a jail cell community. Demolish it, google actual modern living, and use that as a reference which is what should have been done the first time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Honestly, I don't know why so many people think modern = living in a square block. That whole thing looks like a mess of jail cells and I LOVE modern living. This is not modern living. That is a jail cell community. Demolish it, google actual modern living, and use that as a reference which is what should have been done the first time.

If someone was born in 1930 it is modern. Thank YOU!

tumblr_mslvon2ICn1ql56ddo1_500.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

The elegance has gone, and the choice of colors......

giphy.gif

but oh well, you can't please everyone.

I am with you...thought they were adorable, but now with the pastel colors... :( 

I think choices of stone, bricks, stucco, woods in neutral colors would have been epic. 

I guess it is what it is.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Fay Starlight said:

I am with you...thought they were adorable, but now with the pastel colors... :( 

I think choices of stone, bricks, stucco, woods in neutral colors would have been epic. 

I guess it is what it is.

Yes, I would also have preferred an option for lighter exterior detailing... and somewhat smaller rooms. The Denver on a 1024 plot would have suited me perfectly, *sigh*.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.