New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just been to see them and I actually like them better than I did from just the pics. The types are: 

Aldridge - 1024 - 2 storey

Bradbury - 1024 - 1 storey

Coniston - 1024 - 1 storey

Denver - 512 - 1 storey

Ender - 512 -   2 storey

Faraday - 512 - 1 storey

Gatewood - 512 - 2 storey

Heaton - 1024 - 2 storey

The 1024 size ones are HUGE - at least as big as the Fantasy houses if not bigger. The 512 ones are big for the parcels too; bigger than Trads, maybe the same size as the Stilts, with very little garden. I feel like it will be very difficult to furnish any of these houses well, given the prim limit.  I like the smaller ones best (especially Ender and Gatewood). 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

6 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Because this theme incorporates 512 and 1024 parcels in the same region, the average will be higher than in most previous themes. 

And yet the Average Camper region which is all 512s is really no more than 25 homes

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

I have only seen the pictures.  I like the homes themselves, but I'm not so sure about the landscaping.  Hoping there will be a bit more to it than what is in the demo region.  Even the Traditional homes had hills and more foliage.  As someone else mentioned, the limited landscaping is giving the impression of them being closer together and more cooker-cutter like.

• Like 3

The doorknobs are at hand-height!  The doorknobs are at hand-height!  SOOOO excited about the doorknobs at hand-height :)  Everything is to scale.  The rooms are the right size.  The floor to ceiling windows are bright and happy.  The colour blue of the walls is a wonderful colour blue.  I can't wait to decorate one of these for myself ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

I checked out the new reveal and I actually like the smaller homes. I am a bit let down that the ones I really liked are 512 parcel size. I would have liked to see some flowers about the neighborhood, but I don't think I saw not 1 flower. Hopefully that will come. All in all great work Moles. Many wanted an upgrade to Meadowbrooke and here it is. 

• Like 2

Think I may be hanging on to my stilt a while longer yet. Meadowbrook for me was the least bad Linden Home 1.0 option. I did try most of the styles since it wasn't worth getting 512sqm land the short time I was premium years ago.

Maybe it's just me but some of the homes have a Trompe Loeil look about them externally. Well that was my first thought with the Bradbury bungalow. While the homes aren't terrible. I'm not sure I want to give up what I have when I have something similar looking from Trompe in my inventory

• Like 3

I know this is a business and LL is out to make as much money as they can with their product. That said I think the amount of homes on the region are just too much. I know it was said it's because some parcels are 512 while others are 1024 but it still is too much! I love the homes but am really hoping for more landscaping and space(breathing room around neighbors) on the regions themselves. I loved the landscaping and design of the fantasy and am hoping that modern would do some things similar to create more even playing field for good spots. So I'd love to see how the final result turns out and hope the regions will have hills, rivers, waterfalls etc.. to have as many beautiful spots as possible.

• Like 11

guessing the fact that the homes are still WIP is why I'm sinking into the floor? xD

Anyway, they look fairly nice to me, but i prefer the smaller ones on the 512 parcels. Love the fencing and the outdoor areas and pools too. 

Like with all the other themes though, everyone will race to get one from the initial release, where as the real gems come later when the Moles hand build the unique regions like coastlines etc ;) 

• Like 7

I quite like them in a nostalgic way. They're a fabbo update for the old Meadowbrook homes (which I've spent a considerable amount of time in 🤣) However because of this I think that's why I'm not swayed at the moment to get one when they're released. 

However I might down the line swap my public house for one (currently a trad) If there will be some on the coastline available or along a river and depending how far the new regions will be from the centre of Bellisseria. So never say never.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, yestothis said:

I’m disappointed 

What were you  hoping for? I hope it doesn’t come across as snarky, because I am genuinely interested in knowing. I kind of figured it would be modern. That was my favorite style in the old Linden homes. I’m glad that there will be a choice between 512 and 1024s. That’s something new and unexpected. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Other than that this region if it is indicative of what a typical "Newbrook" region will look like is some major failsauce.  They managed to squeeze in more tightly the houses than even those in the chalet and stilt areas.  30 homes in that region that is way too much. Hardly any water... no interesting topography at all.   not like the Chalets but at least Chalets had some interesting topographyWith that said and as much as I'm disappointed..

That’s the way I felt about the chalets at the great reveal. Uninspired. By the time the regions were released, though, the landscaping was a lot more lush. As the design evolved, a lot of water elements were introduced. I’m reserving judgement on the new theme. 

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.