New theme is Revealed!.....Newbrooke...

Evangeline Arcadia
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Open styles with big windows.  Public swimming pools.  Some parcels are square and some are rectangle with different prim allowances, so both sizes.  The houses are big and square.  Definitely meadowbrook style.

Yes, the big windows are lovely! They feel quite room and have some nice porch areas. I don't think I'll be swaping a Stilt for these though.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I don't think anyone will be jockeying for water views.  That is not what this is.  Maybe everyone wants a swimming pool view?  This style is not for me, but it is nice to see a choice in parcel size.  /me hopes for some really great Victorian abandons in the next few weeks.

Yes there is a good choice I think within the theme - double and single story, larger or smaller house etc. For those that are looking for a Meadowbrooke style this is definately it.

• Like 5

Gonna be honest I expected a lot for a reboot of Meadowbrook.  Maybe the only positive thing i have to say about it is giving people a choice between 1024 or 512.  Maybe that will help to crowbar some of the folks out of the ancient Meadowbrook theme idk...

Other than that this region if it is indicative of what a typical "Newbrook" region will look like is some major failsauce.  They managed to squeeze in more tightly the houses than even those in the chalet and stilt areas.  30 homes in that region that is way too much. Hardly any water... no interesting topography at all.  I did not like the Chalets but at least Chalets had some interesting topography.

With that said and as much as I'm disappointed... Create an Adult section of these off of Zindra and I would get one just for that alone.  Other than that I'm taking a pass on this theme.  I may grab one just to get the content pack and then quickly abandon.

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 14

19 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Some parcels are square and some are rectangle with different prim allowances, so both sizes.  The houses are big and square. 

So... some on 512 plots and some on 1024?  

I do like the look so far, from the pictures.  Can't wait until I can log in shortly and go see them.

• Like 3

The inspiration is container homes that have been the rage lately and it does show that. It's not to everyone's taste but not everything is. It's an easy build and very architectural, minimalist and kind of futuristic. Very  nice, not my style but am not going to badmouth it because there are a lot of others that love these. Wonderful work and I'll steer clear of them so others can jockey for them. Waiting for a Traditional or Victorian to come up after the new year.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Smaller house version....

RevealModern_5_001.thumb.png.18e5b652dfa7d7702871f82cf6fb90c7.png

I'm not excited about the dark exterior trim, but I love the small options. I'll definately give it a chance.

Edited by DemeraraGirl
I just saw Abnor's comment about the colors. Great!
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.