Second Life is more than a social network.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Some people are better actors than others. On the forums as well as on Facebook. Undoubtedly. 

And the vibe from some people - in real life, on Facebook, elsewhere on the internet, here on the forums, and in world - makes me stay the heck away from them. 

I know a tiny little bit about people playing roles. Just a little bit. Your information is invaluable though. Thank you. 

I had to read this a few times. You are nicer in real life and in world than you are on the forums?  Do you believe you are not nice on the forums? Or just less nice. I wonder why that is.

____

Words.

Meanings.

I once said to someone "I don't believe Jimmy Savile is guilty of all he has been accused of".

A couple of days later we were with a group of other friends, and this one blurted out "Mari thinks Jimmy Savile is innocent". Wow, the verbal bashing I got for that.

I did not say that I believed Jimmy Savile is innocent. 

I said "People's true personalities seem to come out here on the forums".

My perception only, as per the Savile!

How come you can text in purple?

3 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

They are nice and kind to you, thier passenger, but consider that thier attitude towards other drivers, is still a form of kindness to you. They are determined to get you to your location as quickly as possible, and that requires they drive aggressively.

You've just described the stereotype of these guys:

1-41.jpg?iv=9

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

I must admit that I am a little embarrassed about what I read on this social about the other social networks.
Of course I can't check what I've posted and it certainly looks like a new and interesting experience.
Is it because we have three-dimensional experience?

Second Life is far more than a social media site. For those of us who have been immersed in this platform for years it is quite literally for us a second world, in which we can live another life from the one we have in physical reality. Of course everyone on this platform brings to it different expectations and personal goals, so it's not a second life for everyone in here. For some it's just another game. However it has developed a myriad of subcultures within it, a history, mutually understood social expectations, an economy, it's own memes, social and emotional support groups, memorials to those who have passed, shared nostalgia, and a shared understanding of how specific people or types of people will often behave. It has become a shared world for us, a kind of pocket universe inside of the bigger one that we all also inhabit.  

These forums are not Second Life, but are a space in which some of us like to discuss Second Life. Just as on other forums, there are those who at times fill the role of forum troll, mostly for their own amusement. There are those who are always complaining about something. There are those who try to calm the waters. There are people seeking help and those who try to help them. If you want to see the really negative drama, you won't see it here, because these forums are moderated. For that people go to Second Life Secrets or other forums that have a SL sub-forum.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

LOL!

Now i know,  Thank you!

Some readers are using a white background with black print at their default, while others are using a black background with white letters as their default. In part because of these differences, posting in colored font can be problematic.

But hey, it's not as annoying as a newbie inworld who has just figured out how to use vocal Gestures!

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Some readers are using a white background with black print at their default, while others are using a black background with white letters as their default. In part because of these differences, posting in colored font can be problematic.

But hey, it's not as annoying as a newbie inworld who has just figured out how to use vocal Gestures!

I love gestures in SL madly.😂
Sometimes I happen to use only those to communicate.
A long time ago I had a large group of Japanese friends and we practically communicated 80% through gestures.

ヽ(^o^ヽ)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2021 at 10:56 PM, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well it is quite obvious Nick couldn't care less what anyone thinks about his posting. Me? I just laugh and move on.

Nah.. you got it all wrong. I do care but i found an amazing french omelette recipe at the same time we were talking here so got busy preparing the eggs, herbs etc and cutting some potatoes...then i got an IM for an inworld party and totally forgot the forum.. Oh well..  (*it's an amazing omelette if you want the recipe send me an im)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06.12.2021 at 19:42, Syo Emerald said:

Eh, tasarımı gereği, birinin aklından geçen her beyin osurukunu ağzından çıkarmayı ve geri kalanını nüans içermeyen, ancak radikalizmi destekleyen kısa ifadelerde yoğunlaştırmayı teşvik eder. Ve tasarım gereği, hiçbir şeyi veya hiç kimseyi takip etmediğiniz sürece, kendinizi bundan etkili bir şekilde koruyamazsınız, bu noktada uygulamayı kaldırıp hesabınızı da silebilirsiniz.

Twitter'ı kısa bir süre denedim, aşık olduğum bir adam beni denemem için cesaretlendirdi. Bu yüzden onun hesabını, sevimli köpek yavrularıyla ilgili bazı hesapları ve birkaç sanatçı hesabını takip ettim (tumblr kıyameti daha birkaç ay önce olmuştu). Tanrım, bu çok korkunçtu. Elbette, abone olduğum içeriği aldım, ancak 90'ların sonunda birinin yönetilmeyen posta kutusu gibi hissettim. Görmek, duymak veya umursamak istemediğim çok fazla içerik. Sanatçıların disiplini yoktu ve kısa süre sonra, bugün onları üzen şeyle ilgili saçma sapan konuşmalarının üzerinden geçmek zorunda kaldım. (Tumblr'ın artık izin vermediği göğüsler için onları takip ettim, lanet olsun).

Ancak kişisel hesaplar daha da kötüydü. Birdenbire, Bay Crush'ın hafta sonu neler yaptığını göremedim, aynı zamanda onun tüm saçma sapan arkadaşları ve tanıdıkları, sırf beğendiği, yorum yaptığı veya bir şeyi retweetlediği için paylaşımda bulundu. Korkunç. Kesinlikle korkunç. Facebook'un ilk günlerinde olduğu gibi, reklamdan önce zaman çizelgesindeki diğer her şeyi boğdu, ancak 11'e çıktı, çünkü bu bir tasarım seçimiydi.

Twitter sadece bir kanalizasyon değil, kasıtlı olarak radyoaktif atık imhası olan bir kanalizasyondur.

I deleted my twitter 2 days after the day I downloaded it. It really is a social hell, All kinds of things that are completely relevant and irrelevant can be the subject of a tweet, and popular culture cliches are scattered all over the place.... Just like logos on the ground, they step on people's feet and hurt.

It should also be said that it is a very reactionary environment, unnecessary polemics, all kinds of stress-inducing things.But this is true not only for Twitter, but also for Facebook and Instagram, people always pretend to be different people than they are, they live in perfect pink worlds and they never have a bad breath when they wake up... (!) All these masks are pretty fake, and they're driving people into social isolation.

we also live in a new era of virtual warfare for trending, as if everybody has a problem with everybody.

18 hours ago, wildorchide said:

I deleted my twitter 2 days after the day I downloaded it. It really is a social hell, All kinds of things that are completely relevant and irrelevant can be the subject of a tweet, and popular culture cliches are scattered all over the place.... Just like logos on the ground, they step on people's feet and hurt.

It should also be said that it is a very reactionary environment, unnecessary polemics, all kinds of stress-inducing things.But this is true not only for Twitter, but also for Facebook and Instagram, people always pretend to be different people than they are, they live in perfect pink worlds and they never have a bad breath when they wake up... (!) All these masks are pretty fake, and they're driving people into social isolation.

we also live in a new era of virtual warfare for trending, as if everybody has a problem with everybody.

I remember you, I add you friend and we met,

but why you are gone when my friend come, .

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

28 minutes ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

I remember you, I add you friend and we met,

but why you are gone when my friend come, .

I told your friend why I was going. I went to try the things we talked about. But you unfriended me without even asking why. what did you expect? begging or something?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.