Jump to content

Second Life is more than a social network.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Second Life is a social network.
But unlike all the other social networks, if we have a dispute here we can choose to meet in a combat sandbox and fight seriously.
After the fight and after a lot of lag in a sandbox (where it is allowed) we can sit down to share a radio station and discuss about the best huds over a cup of tea.
Here is that extra thing that no one on FB or Twitter could understand.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what i 've seen all these years. it can also be an antisocial network ..

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Perhaps you have not noticed the behavior of Twitter and facebook users in all these years.

Yeah i haven't used such stuff since 2010, i got bored of those very quick.. especially twitter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nick0678 said:

Yeah i haven't used such stuff since 2010, i got bored of those very quick.. especially twitter.

Well, however, I think that for the user interface and usability Twitter is unrivaled.
It can simply be described as a katana of fine workmanship.
Facebook, on the other hand, is a circus bundled up with candied candies that only serve to decay the teeth.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Twitter is the sewer of social media

Twitter is a social network specifically designed to give relevance to news.
its algorithms are bad enough but I never blamed them. It is the users who create the environment rather than the algorithms.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

Twitter is a social network specifically designed to give relevance to news.
its algorithms are bad enough but I never blamed them. It is the users who create the environment rather than the algorithms.

Well, by design it encourages to blurt out every brain fart that crosses someones mind and condenses the remainder into short statements, that lack nuance, but favor radicalism. And by design, you can't shield yourself effectivly from it, unless you never follow anything or anyone, at which point you might also just deinstall the app and delete your account.

I tried twitter for a short time, when a man I had a crush on encouraged me to try it. So I followed his account, some accounts about cute puppies and several artists accounts (the tumblr apocalypse had just happened a few months ago). God, that was so awful. Sure, I got the content I subscribed for, but it felt like someones unmanaged mailbox in the late 90s. So much content I didn't want to see, hear about or care about. The artists had no discipline and soon I had to scroll past their rambeling about whatever upset them today. (I followed them for the titts tumblr wasn't allowing anymore, god damn).

But personal accounts were even worse. Suddenly I didn't just get to see what Mr. Crush was up to on the weekend, but also all the nonesense friends and acquaintances of him were posting, just because he liked, commented or retweeted something. Terrible. Absolutly terrible. Like facebook in its early days, before advertisment drowned out everything else on the timeline but turned up to 11, because that was a design choice.

Twitter is not just a sewer, its a sewer with intentional radioactive waste disposal.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

...soon I had to scroll past their rambeling about whatever upset them today.

Ahh yes the usual 1st world problems...

"someone farted in the elevator.." posted Sunday on Twitter.. 25k Retweets 80k Likes

Edited by Nick0678
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Well, by design it encourages to blurt out every brain fart that crosses someones mind and condenses the remainder into short statements, that lack nuance, but favor radicalism. And by design, you can't shield yourself effectivly from it, unless you never follow anything or anyone, at which point you might also just deinstall the app and delete your account.

I tried twitter for a short time, when a man I had a crush on encouraged me to try it. So I followed his account, some accounts about cute puppies and several artists accounts (the tumblr apocalypse had just happened a few months ago). God, that was so awful. Sure, I got the content I subscribed for, but it felt like someones unmanaged mailbox in the late 90s. So much content I didn't want to see, hear about or care about. The artists had no discipline and soon I had to scroll past their rambeling about whatever upset them today. (I followed them for the titts tumblr wasn't allowing anymore, god damn).

But personal accounts were even worse. Suddenly I didn't just get to see what Mr. Crush was up to on the weekend, but also all the nonesense friends and acquaintances of him were posting, just because he liked, commented or retweeted something. Terrible. Absolutly terrible. Like facebook in its early days, before advertisment drowned out everything else on the timeline but turned up to 11, because that was a design choice.

Twitter is not just a sewer, its a sewer with intentional radioactive waste disposal.

My dear friend, you said it yourself that you didn't quite know why you started following Twitter.
I consider "flat" social networks a resource.
Then we can discuss what a social network is useful for where we can feel more alive.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

How about we don't?

Right now inworld there are 4615 accounts online. I think you have a much better chance of meeting an account avoiding me that you might like than being here and arguing with me.

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Ahh yes the usual 1st world problems...

"someone farted in the elevator.." posted Sunday on Twitter.. 25k Retweets 80k Likes

 😂

We joke about it but this is the reality of social networks today.
Maybe the day people start to feel social is more like a physical experience, things will change.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the BEST things about social media is that it provides the tools for people to present themselves as they want to be seen and understood. Social media posts can tell you soooo much about a person.

Which can be really useful for avoiding people who are so utterly, obsessively, and obnoxiously one-dimensional that you immediately know that any sort of interaction or engagement with them would be be boring beyond words.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2021 at 5:06 PM, Nick0678 said:

I don't know man i find both incredibly boring, Instagram on the other hand, is  much more interesting.

Yes and some of the people that post selfies there are so good with Photoshop they end up looking almost like RL humans at first glance.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ, Nick.

We get it. You like women. You like them partially naked, and with large breasts.

Good for you! You're a Stud, with a capital "S."

But do you need to treat us to a THIRD Instagram post like this? It's not appropriate for here, and no one else cares.

And these are REAL posts you are sharing here. REAL women, whose pics you are bandying about and coating with your saliva.

Just. Stop. It.

Please.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nick0678 said:

Eh.. nobody bothers to follow those apart from relatives and maybe a bunch of close friends, they can do as they like..

Ok, not all of them are good enough with Photoshop then. :P

This Brazilian lady isn't actually among the worst, you may have to look twice before you start to notice the editing.

 

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And these are REAL posts you are sharing here. REAL women

Ummmm, no they aren't real.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Jesus Christ, Nick.

We get it. You like women. You like them partially naked, and with large breasts.

Good for you! You're a Stud, with a capital "S."

But do you need to treat us to a THIRD Instagram post like this? It's not appropriate for here, and no one else cares.

And these are REAL posts you are sharing here. REAL women, whose pics you are bandying about and coating with your saliva.

Just. Stop. It.

Please.

Something tells me that he's like, 15 and just discovered you can type "boobs" into the Internet.

Not that I blame him. I was pretty excited back when I made that discovery too. Except back then everything was dial up, and you had to wait 7 minutes for each picture. It taught us patience.

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Ummmm, no they aren't real.

Well. The person under the filters is.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Something tells me that he's like, 15 and just discovered you can type "boobs" into the Internet.

Not that I blame him. I was pretty excited back when I made that discovery too. Except back then everything was dial up, and you had to wait 7 minutes for each picture. It taught us patience.

 

AND right when it was about downloaded someone had to go pick up the phone upstairs! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tama Suki said:

I think @Nick0678 is a funny person. Maybe he should just consider the fact that not everyone likes that kind of spam.
For example, I don't like it, but I always try to be tolerant until a certain limit is not crossed.

Well it is quite obvious Nick couldn't care less what anyone thinks about his posting. Me? I just laugh and move on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tama Suki said:

I think @Nick0678 is a funny person. Maybe he should just consider the fact that not everyone likes that kind of spam.
For example, I don't like it, but I always try to be tolerant until a certain limit is not crossed.

How many posts constitutes "a certain limit"?

Because we're now up to 4.

This is no longer a discussion about social media. It's become Nick's personal scrapbook of images to fap with.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well it is quite obvious Nick couldn't care less what anyone thinks about his posting. Me? I just laugh and move on.

But in fact it is not a problem. I'm only sorry to silence him if continue spam me with simply useless notifications.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Jesus Christ, Nick.

We get it. You like women. You like them partially naked, and with large breasts.

Good for you! You're a Stud, with a capital "S."

But do you need to treat us to a THIRD Instagram post like this? It's not appropriate for here, and no one else cares.

And these are REAL posts you are sharing here. REAL women, whose pics you are bandying about and coating with your saliva.

Just. Stop. It.

Please.

Oh don't be too hard on Nick please, Scylla.

You're probably not aware of the Psychological study I recall from graduate school, so I'll forgive you for being too sharp with poor Nick, and hopefully we can end up helping him with his insecurities as he must be suffering so.

Anyway, in this study it was revealed that most men (particularly those past their 20's) who were compelled to mention sexual matters frequently in public were compensating for a small...member. It was if just speaking in public about sex somehow inflated their size, as they imagined all those hearing of their desires and pursuits perceived them as immensely more superior than they actually were.

The results very much correlated to age, as all participants in the study consented to measurement initially, and were then given a questionnaire related to speaking about sex in public. It revealed that the older men who repeatedly mentioned sex in public nearly all had a small...member. There was one exception however with an older man who was having performance issues causing him to pretend extreme sexual prowess in public. And another exception with an older man who was found to be normal in size and has been socialized to mention sexual matters frequently by a father who had this tendency.

This was a longitudinal study, taking place over several months, to rule out situational short-term affects which could affect any temporary results, and so it pointed to a more established psychological pattern exhibited by these men.  The study included thousands of men. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 151 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...