Jump to content

[Free Land Forever] Concept


Fearless McDonnell
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello Community,

I am developing a idea that would grant any resident of SL the chance to own a free land forever, and not only that, residents can earn some passive income while being a free land owners without doing anything at all. The lands will be part of a several prestigious private islands that are connected together. There will be roads, harbors, residential areas, shopping malls, playgrounds, recreational areas, security, and more. The whole project will be implemented through different phases and backed by a whole team. This is a business model, but your money will be in your wallet.

What are your initial thoughts about it?

Cheers!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been part of a group that claims it was going to give away free land once it had so many members, no free land has ever been given away. I was also an active user of "Trilegy" free land until the owner left and Gov Linden reclaimed the land. I am dubious about the "forever" aspect as at some point someone or rather the team will decide to stop funding the land. if you don't own mainland regions for which it's very rare nigh on unheard of to have several contiguous full regions available that land will poof when not paid for at least with mainland people will have time to rescue their objects before it all gets returned

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

"Forever" is a bold claim to make. Who is financing this, and what happens when they ultimately leave SL? Just curious.

(Aside from that, no offense, but it sounds kind of like a MLM. What's in the fine print?)

Thank you for the feedback! I am actually not a fan of MLM at all, and won't apply it on my project for sure. Forever is a strong word indeed but it's meant. You raised a good argument about what happens if they leave SL, and I can say that if they choose to leave SL, then they will lose the land with it. At the end of the day, we don't want beautiful private island filled with ghosts! Taking a break is a different case. There will be terms and conditions that would allow the evolution of a healthy and fun environment for all. This is going to be a huge project that anyone who fits the requirements can be implicated with, other than being only a resident. Talking about staff and managements levels.

I will be financing the project in the early stages, but then it should start generating its own money and support the ongoing expenses and paying for the private islands. In the fine print, there is a component that I am not ready to disclose publicly just yet, let's call it the engine of this project. So this engine will offer a unique opportunity that would allow the residents to own a land without buying it.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

I will be financing the project in the early stages, but then it should start generating its own money and support the ongoing expenses and paying for the private islands. In the fine print, there is a component that I am not ready to disclose publicly just yet, let's call it the engine of this project. So this engine will offer a unique opportunity that would allow the residents to own a land without buying it.

I'm not sure what opinions you are looking for when you choose to hide the actual facts about the proposed project. Since info is being concealed, I'm going with "my opinion is that this sounds pretty shady". I'll revisit that if/when you disclose what you are actually proposing.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I have been part of a group that claims it was going to give away free land once it had so many members, no free land has ever been given away. I was also an active user of "Trilegy" free land until the owner left and Gov Linden reclaimed the land. I am dubious about the "forever" aspect as at some point someone or rather the team will decide to stop funding the land. if you don't own mainland regions for which it's very rare nigh on unheard of to have several contiguous full regions available that land will poof when not paid for at least with mainland people will have time to rescue their objects before it all gets returned

There are sure several points to think of and discuss before implementing the project. I strong believe in the power of the community, and everything the project does will have their opinion about it first. I won't promise that the project will offer a free land, instead, I will show you in action how the project will offer a free land.

On a side note, you actually gave me a brilliant idea, I should assemble a committee for this project.

Therefore, for those who read all the posts in this topic, made it this far, and would like to be part of the project and committee. Please send me a private message that includes your email address. Priority goes to those who have old accounts, still active in SL, and willing to volunteer some of their time for this project until it kicks off. Only 4 members will be taken in. A meeting will be scheduled soon to go over the details.

I will be doing this in good faith, and I hope to have a mutual feeling in return.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

but how?

 

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm not sure what opinions you are looking for when you choose to hide the actual facts about the proposed project. Since info is being concealed, I'm going with "my opinion is that this sounds pretty shady". I'll revisit that if/when you disclose what you are actually proposing.

Both of your concerns are legit and they were covered in my previous post. I completely understand that you might feel it's shady, but I cannot share the core idea publicly just yet. However, if you are interested to be part of the project and become a member of the committee, I will lay all my cards on the table for all of you.

You could be part of something big, or at least that's what I am hoping that this project to become.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a friend of Elanor Roosevelt, and she once said that "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people". We all have the free will to choose which category we assign ourselves to. I am well aware of the financial obligations that are implicated with this project, and I can cover it. However, if the community (That will be the backbone of this project) has this kind of attitude, maybe I should steer my investment and ideas away.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

I am a friend of Elanor Roosevelt, and she once said that "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people".

And every successful entrepreneur is able to answer the questions about their idea that come, as opposed to side-stepping questions.  Every successful entrepreneur is also able to ignore any negative opinions and continue full steam ahead with their wonderful ideas.

The not so successful ones tend to get bogged down in trying to battle the naysayers.

 

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

I am a friend of Elanor Roosevelt, and she once said that "Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people". We all have the free will to choose which category we assign ourselves to. I am well aware of the financial obligations that are implicated with this project, and I can cover it. However, if the community (That will be the backbone of this project) has this kind of attitude, maybe I should steer my investment and ideas away.

Or you could, you know, tell people what exactly it is you are plotting, rather than making vague promises and expecting people to shout "SIGN ME UP" based on little more than smoke and mirrors. Just a thought, since you asked for opinions and are getting a bit salty now that you are receiving them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

any resident of SL the chance to own a free land

 

8 hours ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

then it should start generating its own money and support the ongoing expenses and paying for the private islands

 

8 hours ago, Fearless McDonnell said:

In the fine print, there is a component that I am not ready to disclose publicly

If the fine print explains the 'chance' and 'should', then it really should be in LARGE print as those are major points.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You totally sidestepped the "what if they leave SL" issue by acting like folks were asking about the recipient of said free land was the one leaving.  No.  They're asking a very valid question:  What happens if the the estate/sim owner/financial backer leaves?  As others have stated, everything goes poof instantly.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...