Enter the Metaverse event

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed some threads here recently regarding the 'Metaverse' and heard about this event going on soon:

https://www.enterthemetaverse.io/

Philip Rosedale is one of the presenters and is mentioned as a founder of Second Life, but it doesn't look like anyone from the current Linden Labs is presenting.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Haha 1

Looks interesting.  Not $50s worth, though.

Some of this would almost be amusing if people weren't actually paying money for basically nothingness.  From the one presenter's company website...

SHOWING THE WORLD THAT CLOTHING DOES NOT NEED TO BE PHYSICAL TO EXIST

Umm..yeah it does.

Is that the metaverse version of The Emperor's New Clothes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be interested in attending but don't want to fork out the money at the moment, although  $25 a day seems kind a reasonable. They have to pay the speakers I guess.  If it was free, well then I definately would attend:) I really don't care about FB not attending (am actually thinking it's better that they don't), but would have liked to see SL represented by someone current.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, animats said:

I'll probably pay $50 and go, since I follow this stuff.

The presenter list is weak. Nobody from Roblox or Facebook/Meta or VRChat or NVidia or Autodesk or Epic or any major game development shop.

Yep,

Myself and a RL work colleague have been signed up as part of our RL jobs.

We probably won't be able to attend the whole thing in real time, so will catch up with the recordings.

I think there are a few interesting speakers and topics, so fingers crossed we get some value out of it.

I'll be writing a synopsis and reviewing with suggestions for our own platform, but happy to share a redacted version (of the synopsis) with anyone that's interested.

Send me a message here if you'd like a copy (I'll probably get it out some time in January 2022).

Truthfully however Philip is lower down in our list of target speakers, so might not figure greatly in the synopsis - sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.