I Have Asked the Lindens to Perform a Christmas Miracle

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And no, it's not the "Skip Intro" request, that's trivial by comparison.

I have asked Lindens to use their Linden powers for good for once and accomplish a Christmas miracle.

I won't say what it is now, to give them plenty of space to do the right thing.

I will even give them til Russian Orthodox Christmas on January 6, 2022 to perform this Christmas miracle, and no, you can't guess what it is.

What would your wish be?

christmas.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let me say that I got back a very kind and considerate response from one Mint Linden -- perfect name for Christmas season, no? And she said "no," and I'm appealing it, but we'll see.

To clarify -- what I am asking them to do is override a "law of nature" in our virtual world and a constraint they usually go by (e.g. they never sell Linden land that was designated "protected" even when it becomes a burden to them to pay for).

So what would you ask them of that type?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Water that obeys the laws of physics.. If i dig down i dont want to see water, unless i put it there. Why cant we have basements? Why does my dungeon have to be flooded with water?

In RL it's called a water table, and it can also cause RL basements to be flooded.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

In RL it's called a water table, and it can also cause RL basements to be flooded.

Apparently all of SL is built to model Florida and Louisiana? 

9 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

I agree, let's pass on the water

15 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

SL water comes with a major performance hit and you want more complicated water?!

Listen dont 💩on my wishes...  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

I wish my hands did not slice through my body and clothing.

This is as problem of context.

It's not impossible for the viewer to rough up a simple body and with a little math prevent limbs from intersecting (the code to make it not look janky in motion would be more complicated) .. BUTT 🍑 .. the viewer has no idea if an animation is supposed to be clipping into itself or not.

So while it might work fine for a load of use cases, it will break a whole mess of content where that clipping is desirable or even essential.

Vehicle riding poses, animations that repurpose rarely used bones (extra legs etc) and tinies spring to mind, although it would probably impact enough general use animations to make it pointless.

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Listen dont 💩on my wishes...  

Don't worry, I'm bringing the poop train.

• Like 1

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

I would like LL to do something very much in the spirit of the season, a time for forgiveness and peace. 

Repeal all permabans.

Uh you know a lot of those permabans are due to actual legit reasons. We don't want the OG Green Lanterns or any other griefer group back. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

This is as problem of context.

It's not impossible for the viewer to rough up a simple body and with a little math prevent limbs from intersecting (the code to make it not look janky in motion would be more complicated) .. BUTT 🍑 .. the viewer has no idea if an animation is supposed to be clipping into itself or not.

So while it might work fine for a load of use cases, it will break a whole mess of content where that clipping is desirable or even essential.

This is why we need dynamic bones and colliders or "Physics Bones®" like most UN/UR based platforms have.

LL would most likely just screw that up anyway...

14 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I would like LL to do something very much in the spirit of the season, a time for forgiveness and peace. 

Repeal all permabans.

Oh please no. There are 2 in particular who should never be allowed back on the grid for their own good as well as ours. One of them is zFire aka RedZone.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.