Why does my face light no longer seem to work?

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

It has been a few months and I kinda gave up but my face lights don't show up anymore. I assume it's a setting or something in an upgrade to FS but I can't figure it out.

I don't wear them when I'm out but I would like to use them when I take photos.

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It has been a few months and I kinda gave up but my face lights don't show up anymore. I assume it's a setting or something in an upgrade to FS but I can't figure it out.

I don't wear them when I'm out but I would like to use them when I take photos.

It's under the graphics tab in preferences... Misc rendering

• Enable Attached Lights (Face Lights): Enable this if you wish to see the affects of lights worn by avatars.

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's under the graphics tab in preferences... Misc rendering

• Enable Attached Lights (Face Lights): Enable this if you wish to see the affects of lights worn by avatars.

hmmm, that's checked. Any other ideas?

snip.png.9d8ba14e3551b155127308e8bcca565a.png

Check your Graphics Preferences and be sure the highlighted items are set as shown here.

The problem could also be that there are simply too many light sources where you are. As I recall, OpenGL only allows 6 light sources. More than that, and some of them start to be not rendered.

Or another possibility! Depending on the complexity of your facelight, it may simply be turned off! Does it have an off/off switch, or an intensity setting?

Edited by Lindal Kidd

Yeah, I looked at both they are set correctly. It stopped working a few months ago..at least that I could see so I just detached them.  Tried a couple so I'm sure it's some setting in my viewer that changed that I just don't know about. Thanks for the suggestions.

So interestingly enough after a whole day of logging and relogging naturally the facel ight now works. I suspect it was due to the fact that I didn't have the point lighting set on Full like you showed and it took a few times to kick in.  With the issues the last few days with SL I imagine that was it.  My favorite wearables folder was empty too for a couple days and today it's now back so weird SL glitching going on.

Thanks @Lindal Kidd! I think it was your solution that fixed it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.