Display name change worked, then failed due to computer crash a minute after?

Brook3nAng3l

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I wanted to change my Display name from Brook3nang3l to  Ϯ βɾ𝖮𝖮қē 𝚍ߴἩē𝙲𝚊𝓽ē Ϯ and it succeeded, well at first. I saw the confirmation that my name was changed (in the lower part of my screen to the left), but within a minute after the name change my computer crashed and I had to reboot it.

Now when I login again, my name is only the first 3 characters of my intended name (Ϯ βɾ) and not what I typed and got the "on-screen confirmation" for.

What to do??? wait a week or can I file a ticket somewhere of some kind (I couldn't find that online).

Help!

Brooke

6 answers to this question

I'm kind of surprised that the system accepted the name with all those weird characters (or maybe it only accepted the first few?).  If there doesn't seem to be an appropriate category for your particular concern when you submit a support case (https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/), all you can do is pick the one that seems closest and let them figure it out.

28 minutes ago, Brook3nAng3l said:

What to do??? wait a week or can I file a ticket somewhere of some kind (I couldn't find that online).

That displayname contains invalid characters. (tried it in one of my alts.)

Before reboot..

Screenshot_2021-11-29_18-14-14.thumb.png.49b2ebaaa7f10b4fd05927c746ddec71.png

... and after

Screenshot_2021-11-29_18-16-28.thumb.png.2014c15e3d082657c07ff7d81313aca7.png

10 minutes ago, Brook3nAng3l said:

Hello Rolig, if you want to change your name on @secondlife.com it will not accept it, but inside SL you can change your Display Name with special characters. It worked before.

You got lucky.  Most odd characters are not acceptable.  As Nick just demonstrated, for example, yours aren't.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.