Male body that doesn't look like he lives in a gym and guzzles protein shakes?

Nagafusa Takeda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

You'll find stores have lots of older clothing releases for Slink but you'll struggle to get newer stuff. It's the most regular looking body. If you're happy to miss out on the latest releases at events you should still be able to get a decent wardrobe for Slink. 

Good luck finding male clothing for any body at events. 99.99% of things at events are for females. 

41 minutes ago, Nagafusa Takeda said:

slink is a bit old and belleza joke looks the same as the others.

It may be old but there is still clothing being made for it. Slink pioneered the mesh body. Age has nothing to do with a mesh body as long as it is updated with all the new "shinys."

44 minutes ago, Nagafusa Takeda said:

ah yes if hes not a muscleheaded idiot hes a fat chud. I forgot theres only 2 types of male figure.

Whats with all the angsty posts these days? So many new posters dripping with anger and Teen angst.. Reminds me of the 90's. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nagafusa Takeda said:

ah yes if hes not a muscleheaded idiot hes a fat chud. I forgot theres only 2 types of male figure.

How about providing a pic of the sort of body look you want it may be achievable with current available bodies. Maybe one day someone will come up with a body suited to that middle bit between buff Adonis and suffering from over active knife and fork syndrome  

Really the only non-buff male bodies I've seen are furry avatars, such as the JOMO fox, but they usually include the head so while retexturing the body to skin might be easy (or there might already be mods for that) I'm not sure how easy it would be to change out heads and hands/paws. They also tend to be completely original mesh bodies so you'd still be pretty limited in clothing choice.

JOMO Male Fox V2.0(Bento) E

I do know the Kemono body already comes with options for human skin tones and human feet, and while the default is female you can by a flat-chest mod or a modded torso to make it male. These come with the mesh head separated so you could use any other head with it! Again, you'd still be fairly limited in clothing choices but there's a store called Krankhaus that makes a lot of clothing specifically for male-modded Kemono bodies! With these, you can usually achieve a shape ranging from twink / femboy to average slim/lean build.

luckyboard33.jpg?1481301088

8d28217c37107dbd5506803ac6b461d0.jpg

Krankhaus also has their own original mesh body called Kuroo, which is human by default and along the same lines as this, but without all the extra steps to de-furry the avatar, so to speak! xD It's also only 700 $L and almost all the clothes they make have a version for it. They also have quite a bit of free clothing options that come with it as well, so it'd certainly be easier on your wallet if you're vibing with it!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/krankhaus-Kuroo-Bento-Body/10885650

krankhaus - Kuroo Bento Body

There is also apparently a torso mod for Maitreya bodies called V-Tech, Krankhaus has quite a few clothing items exclusive to it but I'm not sure where to get the actual mod itself. I've actually never seen it before but from these ads it looks really nice!

krankhaus - Maitreya/V-Tech - Devilish Schoolboy Shirt

These are about all the options I know of at the moment, hopefully one of these were more along the lines of what you'd be interested in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing with furry avatars is aside from a few custom body shapes most furry avatars I've seen that use mesh bodies use the same mesh bodies everyone else does. Which means unless you're looking to commission a custom furry avatar maker to make you a human skin you're just going to end up being stuck with the same male mesh bodies everyone else uses. You're either looking like you spend hours in the gym OR you're using a Piggu avatar. It might look realistic as far as looking like your average overweight thirty-year-old but I understand not everyone is into that look plus you have a narrow range of clothing to go with. 

SL sucks when it comes to representing what most actual people look like. For example I'm 6'5" and 1/2, and weigh 430lbs. I've wanted to make an avatar that looks similar to how I do IRL only one where I can wear the kind of dresses I don't get to in the real world. So far I've been unable to do this as there just aren't any bodies out there that match my physique. Plus I'd never be able to find anything to wear. People come to SL to live out their fantasies, and because gender stereotyping and media have led us to having a very screwed up idea of beauty most people only want to look the way males and females look in movies, TV shows, and advertisements.  

Never mind expressing being gender fluid. There are only male and female in SL, for the most part. Anyone who (like me) is gender fluid or believe it's a spectrum not a binary is ***** out of luck. That is unless they have a ton of money to throw at people in order to get their own custom avatars made for them, and for the most part that sort of business has moved over to platforms like VRChat.  

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Isaac Ashton said:

You know, a body only looks muscular because of the shape used with it. Most (if not all) standard shapes coming with male mesh bodies are modify, so you could make Belleza Jake, Signature Gianni or Geralt, Legacy, etc. look what you consider normal just by editing the shape.

not work well on gianni, cant add more body fat.

6 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

not work well on gianni, cant add more body fat.

Well, this is what you can achieve when you set the body fat slider from 0 to 100 with Gianni (and I haven't changed any of the other sliders). Maybe it's enough for my standards but not for the look you'd like to have.

Snapshot_body_fat_0.png

Snapshot_body_fat_0_002.png

Snapshot_body_fat_100.png

Snapshot_body_fat_100_002.png

Edited by Isaac Ashton
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2021 at 6:14 PM, Isaac Ashton said:

Well, this is what you can achieve when you set the body fat slider from 0 to 100 with Gianni (and I haven't changed any of the other sliders). Maybe it's enough for my standards but not for the look you'd like to have.

Snapshot_body_fat_0.png

Snapshot_body_fat_0_002.png

Snapshot_body_fat_100.png

Snapshot_body_fat_100_002.png

yes thats look like in HGH off season bodybuilder , big belly with six pack imo

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

1 hour ago, Isaac Ashton said:

Because the six pack is part of my skin. But unlike what you said before, it is possible to add body fat to Gianni. Period.

I don't think he literally meant you can't adjust the body fat slider on a Gianni body. Obviously you can do that. I'm pretty sure he meant you can't make it look, you know, not goofy. 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Add to the belly slider and you wont look so ... odd. 

I know. That was just a quick experiment to show that - despite what had been said - one can actually add some body fat to Gianni. Maybe not as one might expect but at least it's doable to a certain extent. As I explained before, I didn't change any other sliders than the body fat (I didn't see the point in changing my whole shape just for that).
Everyone is free to experiment with their own shape and take the time to do so in order to get the look they're after. That was my point, but a lot of people won't even try and take that time. They want ready-to-wear out of the box. Even though I recon that my ava looks a bit muscular and it may already be too much for some, I can assure you that I look quite small and wiry next to an Aesthetic ava 😉 I also do agree that the standard male representation in SL is totally distorted. Yet SL is a game and it offers lots of possibilities for customization to those who are willing to try.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 844 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.