Buying InWorld

GreyLasagna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, new around here.

So I bough a hat on a inworld store and i made the mistake of not clicking on the accept button from that blue notecard that pop up on the corner. The system charged the price of the item but i didn't get the hat, is not in my inventory and im guessing it's because i didnt press the accept button to receive the item. It's there a way to get hat? after all i already paid for it.

Feels like a bad design tbh. Why would the system ask if you want the item after paying for it? Why would the system charge you FIRST and then ask permission to receive the item?

Let's say it's an accident the fact that i bough the hat, why i would not want to keep the item if the system already took the lindens?

Edited by GreyLasagna

5 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, GreyLasagna said:

Hello, new around here.

So I bough a hat on a inworld store and i made the mistake of not clicking on the accept button from that blue notecard that pop up on the corner. The system charged the price of the item but i didn't get the hat, is not in my inventory and im guessing it's because i didnt press the accept button to receive the item. It's there a way to get hat? after all i already paid for it.

Feels like a bad design tbh. Why would the system ask if you want the item after paying for it? Why would the system charge you FIRST and then ask permission to receive the item?

Let's say it's an accident the fact that i bough the hat, why i would not want to keep the item if the system already took the lindens?

Check to.see it the store has a redelivery terminal.  Hit that and it should have your item listed on the website.  We've all done this at some point.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GreyLasagna said:

Go back to the store and find a redelivery terminal to get your hat redelivered to you.

• Like 1

Or simply contact the merchant who sold the hat to you, provide the sales information (from the Transaction  History on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account ), and ask for redelivery.  In the future, remember that a vendor can only deliver a folder of items to you as long as you remain in the region.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, GreyLasagna said:

Hello, new around here.

In-world vendors use user created scripts.

These scripts cannot put things into your inventory without your permission even with negotiated/declared payment, else we would have significant problems with grief.

Only buying on LL's own marketplace do things get put into your inventory automatically without asking.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.