Hair glitching with eyelashes

scarleterikssen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately, there's no good fix for it. 

The issue is to do with multiple alphas being drawn on top of each other, which SL doesn't do very well (I don't know the technical magic behind it). It works temporarily, and sometimes, but usually it's just something you'll have to live with or avoid.

The eye lashes can be turned to 'Alpha Mask' mode (in most heads, anyway), but that means there will be no gradient transparencies, just pixels being 100% transparent or 100% opaque, which make them look, well, awful.

Hairs, if they're modifiable alpha hairs (or come with the option in their HUD), can also be switched to Alpha Mask mode .. And look even worse than the eyelashes.

What I do, is I go with BOM makeup (eyeshadows, eyeliners, etc), since Applier/HD ones suffer the same issue as eyelashes do (BOM doesn't 'solve' the issue as much as it circumvents it, by layering the texture directly on your skin, which is generally speaking 100% opaque) - in many cases that means it's only the eyelashes that get cut and only in certain angles, which is usually not too noticeable. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, scarleterikssen said:

i'm fairly new to SL so maybe it's me and this can be easily solved... is there something i can do for the hair glitching with my lashes? Thanks in advance.

See here --> https://gyazo.com/3ae9a88d465c6d88aaf12fb037d85f2b

Sometimes I have found that if I click the hair or eyelashes it cancels it out a bit. For a while anyway. Not sure why it works but it does.. I always have issues with eyebrows 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scarleterikssen said:

i'm fairly new to SL so maybe it's me and this can be easily solved... is there something i can do for the hair glitching with my lashes? Thanks in advance.

See here --> https://gyazo.com/3ae9a88d465c6d88aaf12fb037d85f2b

No help for you with that issue, but just wanted to say, that is really cute hair, where is it from? Also, your avatar looks great!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scarleterikssen said:

The hair is Dave from Sintiklia. 
thanks everyone. 
so I need new hair lol would you suggest a brand that has short hair ??

Tram for starters. Also check out Exile many of the men's styles look great on women as well. One of my female alts used one of there styles most of the time, though that one does have hair over her face, so probably has the same issues.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.