Terraforming to accommodate basement

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a giant build - a castle - that has a basement, and unfortunately it is not a simple square. The terraform option isn't working well, and so far all my attempts to manually terraform so there's no land in the basement, and no holes outside the walls... have not worked.

I need tips and tricks for managing this particular problem.

In a possibly related problem, at some point in messing about, "flatten" will no longer do that - in particular spots only (near the homestead edge) I get a bumpy surface instead.

Appreciate any advice!

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

You might take a look at this fairly recent thread >>> 

The conversation went in several directions, but part of it addressed your question directly.

Thank you. I tried searching but this didn't pop up. It answers my questions, though, so thank you.  FWIW, I did manage to figure out how to terraform it properly (this is on a homestead), but, sadly, I think the homestead leaser is AWOL and hasn't paid tier/rent (it's owned by a land company), and I cannot afford to take it over... so just using the whole castle basement as a learning experience, as I'm pretty sure the whole thing's gonna poof in a few days :( Maybe I can find some mainland with enough terraforming leeway and size to put it out again, some day.  

https://gyazo.com/1554ee95c96f610e6f1f45cf3e360cab

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.