You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowl Paine wrote:

Aristotle
  (384 BC – 322 BC) and Humanity thinks it is evolving? :smileyvery-happy: The irony is even greater when you know that Airstotle was a student of Plato and that the knowledge exchanged was older than Airstotle. 

I completely agree. Aristotle's scientific methodology (he was the one who more or less invented the scientific method) puts all the scholarly work that was done during the Dark Ages to shame, with mathematics being the only exception, and his ethical philosophy was also far ahead of his time.

I'm not real happy with Bert. Yeah, it's the whole atom bomb thing. "Someone else would have made it" was Bert's usual answer. My reply would be; "then why was there only one Michael Angelo"? 

Well, Einstein wasn't directly involved in the Manhattan project. And there was enough groundbreaking work on nuclear reactions by other people that I also think it would have happened with or without Einstein's body of work. Plus, we got the most reliable and comparatively safe source energy out of it that we have today :) Without nuclear energy, we'd be burning even larger amounts of coal than we currently do.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it depends on proving the truth of it, if that cna be proven then i would report it to SL certainly and if it was proven he was doing real life stuff with the 16 year old I would consider taking it further. You need to be careful you have real facts here and not a role playing couple.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.