Lag is just horrible for me today!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was horrendously laggy last Friday, but it turned out it wasn't SL, but my poor internet connection.  There must have been a lot of traffic during that time.  The following day things were ok again. Maybe this is your issue at the moment?

Today I am fine and dandy, good frame rate, everything loading. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, are you feeling laggy on every sim you go to? LL have been doing rolling restarts, so there might be some side effect of that going on.

Yes, I've had some lag recently and some textures won't rezz (mostly large textures, like floors) not the avi's. But, SL always updates their viewers and sometimes the updates are just great and some are average.  

SL is like real life, you take the good with the bad and try to roll with the punches.  

We could be experiencing more traffic because school is out for the summer, perhaps?  I don't really know. 

I remember when we had dial-up, you couldn't even get on the internet during heavily congested times such as Christmas time.

It's possible we have more traffic because school is out, a lot of peeps have graduated, and also jobs are a bit scarce these days.  I read an article that said 45% of people ages 16-19 will most likely be out of work this summer because older experienced people are having to work at McDonald's.  The last jobs report on CNBC before the current one, said about 120,000 jobs were created for the U.S., 62,000 of which were McDonald's jobs.  Heard that on CNBC, reported by Becky Quick.  62,000 were McDonald's jobs.  This last jobs report was even worse... way worse. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.