Happy Thanksgiving To One And All...

BjorJlen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings folks. Before some of us go afk for the day as we celebrate this time of thankfulness, I would just like to take a moment to seriously express my appreciation, love, and thankfulness to all of you (yes, even you Nick, or should I say the ever awesome Mr Gif 😋). Second Life was very important to me back in the day, and when I felt the desire to come back I just read the forums here to get a "feel" for things before actually taking my first tentative steps in joining and socializing here. For me that was my first big step, because you see, while it may seem like I am a very outgoing, funny (sometimes silly), old fart (that part is more then true lol), with some medical issues, I am also a extremely shy person and have a hard time coming out of my shell and breaking the ice so to speak.
   But many of you actually convinced me to try and do just that. For some people, doing this can be... hard at times, even for me, so during this Holiday Season I want to give a special shout out to every single one of you... from the extremely strong independent women, to the big time nerds, to the occasional idiots, to the language 'y challenged, to the griefers (yeah, gotta include them lol), to the new folks who join this mad world we call Second Life, and to everyone both good and bad, both showing light and dark in these times (both here, in RL, and SL). You ALL matter in one way or another, and for one am very, very thankful that you are all here.
   RL can be such a pain in the ass, and it can be such a struggle to just get motivated to get out of bed in the morning, but you DO it, every single one of you, and I am thankful that you do. In your own way's, you all ROCK (while I roll lol), and I just wanted to say thank you to each and every single one of you. It is all about love in the end, and because I was reminded of it in a PM recently... If love don't matter, then nothing matters... and love matters! So be thankful you greace painted clowns you, because it can all be worse, and few of you might not just know what effect you have on others (like dumb smucks like me lol). Have a very, very Happy Thanksgiving, eat a TON of food, gain 5-10 pounds at least, and remember... you matter... :)

Yours truly from the heart... Bjor...

Peace...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 8

4 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

RL can be such a pain in the ass, and it can be such a struggle to just get motivated to get out of bed in the morning, but you DO it, every single one of you, and I am thankful that you do.

I hate to burst your balloon, but I often post from... bed. When I do get out of it, it's usually to do something else.

Happy Thanksgiving Bjor, and the rest of you sorry lot.

• Thanks 1

Five quick facts about Thanksgiving - from an European's perspective:

• People who didn't like sex went on a boat, and got really into maize.
  • Hats with belt buckles. Also bibs. Fashion was weird.
  • The capital of Turkey is Ankara. A lot of people think it's Istanbul. They are wrong.
  • Apparently you can eat pumpkins?
  • Turkey has the highest consumption of tea per capita in the world. But they do it wrong.

Happy thanks-day! I mean I do like kebab, and coffee, but making a national holiday to thank the people responsible strikes me as a bit over-enthusiastic. And do Americans even eat kåldolmar? I think not. Very weird. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Yes thank you Akane, and to all as well...

And please everyone (if you want), post all of your Black Friday crazy experiences and shopping scores here so we don't have to create another thread for it (if you all think we should). Just reading what's recently happened on the forums already, me thinks it's gonna be a very, very, crazy day indeed...

Peace...

• Like 1

Two threads!?!?! Holy crap-balls... and here I thought it was just the one thread. Thanks for the info Rowan. And Silent, I am totally in agreement with you! Stay home, coddle up in your favorite chair with a blanket, and log into SL to experience the crazy day there instead! lol Or just say here on the forums, and wait for a particular person to start a fire again... ;)

Peace...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BjorJlen said:

Two threads!?!?! Holy crap-balls... and here I thought it was just the one thread. Thanks for the info Rowan. And Silent, I am totally in agreement with you! Stay home, coddle up in your favorite chair with a blanket, and log into SL to experience the crazy day there instead! lol Or just say here on the forums, and wait for a particular person to start a fire again... ;)

Peace...

Nah. No SL today either. I'm just going to keep working on my spaceship build. I'm attempting to build an almost duplicate of Firefly's Serenity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BjorJlen said:

Two threads!?!?! Holy crap-balls... and here I thought it was just the one thread. Thanks for the info Rowan.

As I mentioned in one of the threads that got nuked, don't feed the trolls. I already blocked/ignored *that* particular avatar. If no one reacts to their antics, they have no option other than going somewhere else to find people to antagonize.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.